Olympus Superzoom 800S Compact Camera

Olympus Superzoom 800S Compact Camera

Review of "Olympus Superzoom 800S Compact Camera"

published 05/07/2000 | Sari
Member since : 05/07/2000
Pro Small, light and compact
Cons No case included to protect from scratches
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"Nice and Compact"

I have just purchased a Superzoom 800S. It's my first Olympus camera and so far I am very pleased with it. It is small and compact and not much larger than the mju II. It has a decent zoom which retracts automatically when you slide the lens cover across. It is the ideal size for travelling as it fits neatly inside a bag or pocket.

I shopped around and found that there was a difference of about £10 in the price and eventually opted for Dixons as they had a free film for a year offer on and they were £10 cheaper than Jessops.

The camera came with batteries and a strap and easy to understand instructions. The only thing they didn't provide was a case which was abit disappointing.

• the_mad_cabbie published 08/05/2002
    This opinion contains very little real information or advice.....Hence the "FH" rating.....Sorry.....Ken
  • lallyo published 28/03/2001
    It was lucky I read this - I was planning on buying one of these in the next week or so and now you've mentioned the price discrepancies and the offer I might look in a few other shops for it and see if these offers are still on! I would have just bought it straight from Jessops. cheers L x