sarahl200... 4

sarahl2002

Member since:02.04.2004

Olympus Superzoom 80G - A great camera.

12.04.2005

Advantages:
Easy to use

Disadvantages:
Doesn't have a lot of fancy features

Picture Quality

1. eljimbob
  2. spiceworlduk
  3. Bollinger28
and a further member

I have just purchased the Olympus Superzoom 80G camera about a week go, there was nothing really wrong with my old one - but it was a bit old, didn't have a zoom and the red eye reduction wasn't great.

I didn't want to spend a lot on a camera because I only really use them on holiday, and don't want to worry about losing or breaking it too much.

So, while browsing on the Jessops website I found the Olympus superzoom 80G. It looked good so I decided at £24.99 I would go for it.
Then my mum went into a Jessops shop, rather than waiting for it to be delivered.
When she went in the store she couldn't see it anywhere so she asked and they had it behind the counter at about £50. She then mentioned that on the website it was £24.99 so they gave her it for that price which was good!

I have seen this priced at most other places from £50 up to about £90 so do shop around because obviously it is available a lot cheaper.

I chose this camera because I wanted a camera with red eye reduction, a zoom, that was a reasonably small size to put in my handbag and a low cost one.

The camera came with an instruction booklet, a list of authorised service stations, 2 year manufacturers warranty, a carry case, strap, a battery and film.

The camera uses a 35mm film and a 3V lithium battery, which it says on the insturctions lasts for around 15 films worth of taking photos although I am not sure yet as I have only taken one film.

The features included on this camera are
  • six flash modes
  • exposure counter
  • red eye reduction lamp
  • optional time and date printing
  • self timer.
  • Autofocus system
  • 38mm-80mm zoom lense
  • Focus lock

The Olympus Superzoom 80G is NOT waterproof.

It looks good with a neat silver exterior, is a good size to carry around, the dimensions are 1.85 inches deep x 2.52 inches high and 4.65 inches wide. It is also fairly lightweight at 0.46 lbs.

I have used this camera to take only one film of photographs so far, and found the battery and film easy to load, the camera easy to use and great quality photographs at the end of it.
The only problem I had was I couldn't figure out how to get the lense to go back into the camera after use, but soon discovered that if you start to close the shutter it automatically returns to the original position.

If you take a lot of photos, want perfect quality a wide range of fancy features or anything it probably isn't the camera for you but it has done everything I wanted it to do and I would highly recommend it.
A great camera overall.

eljimbob 16.01.2007 19:22

Great review, I love my digital, almost thought it had died on me last month but I revived it thankfully. James

Youngatheard60 12.04.2005 20:07