Android 6.0.1 - 4G - Wifi, Bluetooth
4 reviews from the community
Review of "OnePlus 3"
ðŸ‘ The Good:
+ Build quality, this phone has awesome build quality and beautiful metal construction same as OnePlus 3, lighter than OnePlus 2 and with equally weight distribution.
+ Sapphire lens protection on the rear camera, no worries for getting it scratched.
+ Look, It really looks CLASSY, design is great, curved 2.5D glass.
+ OnePlus 3T gets charged 10% to 85% within an hour with its new Dash Charge. All heat dash charge keep in it and it has the ability to keep OnePlus 3T temperatures low even while fast charging, it is the new charging standard OnePlus created for mobile industries.
+ Latest Lighting Fast Snapdragon 821 Processor.
+ Fast 64GB/128GB UFS 2.0 Flash Storage with read & write speed of ~500MB/s & 250MB/s which is 87% faster than compared to old eMMC 5.0 and 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with R/W speed of ~12000MB/s these are one of the fastest memory modules for smartphones (Faster the memory, lesser the loading and launching time of the apps).
+ This is the thumb rule, bigger the display more will be the productivity and Mi Beautiful 5.5 inch Optic AMOLED. display along with the 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4. (The display is not 2k or 4k and you will not even need it when the screen size is 5.5 inch, in fact, 1080p display is good for the performance.). (OnePlus 2 has a IPS display)
+ One of the fastest fingerprint sensors which is embedded in a touch home button.
+ Both front 16MP and the rear 16MP camera are the best in the class, no shutter lag and takes good pictures in daylight even low light performance is not too bad. The front camera has a wide-angle lens which covers more area than a normal lens. Overall great camera experience.
+ Oxygen OS is lightweight and butter smooth.
+ NFC Support, I mostly use it to connect my camera to mobile.
+ The audio output is good, loud and clear tested with Sony XB70AP wired earphones, Bluedio T2 Bluetooth headphones and Moto Deck wireless speakers.
+ Speaker located at the bottom so no matter how OnePlus 3T lays it isn't blocked. speaker volume is good but not excellent like OnePlus 2 but better than the Galaxy S7, S7 edge and iPhone 6s which cost twice of it.
+ Good battery backup with the large 3400mAh battery just you need to tweak it a bit.
+ Bundled charger and cable quality are awesome. No compromise is done with them.
ðŸ‘Ž The Bad:
- No FM, No IR Blaster, today almost all phones packed with this feature but unfortunately both OnePlus 3 & 3T do not have it.
- A huge camera bump which does not let you use the device without a case although now it has sapphire protection.
- The device is slippery, there is no sandstone back OnePlus is known for.
- The very delicate device, dropping it once will break it as the glass has no frame around it to protect.
- The headphone jack is now moved to bottom which is really something not in trend and it makes trouble in holding the device in one hand during earphones are plugged.
- No lesser focus and dual flash. It has only single LED flash.
- No wireless charging.
- The charging cable is no longer reversible from the USB end.
- No FREE accidental death protection this time, but you can activate it by paying additional Rs1899.
ðŸ‘‰ Reasons to choose OnePlus 3:
1. Better front camera although it has low resolution than OnePlus 3T.
2. 12 months of FREE accidental damage protection with OnePlus Care.
3. For Graphite and Soft Gold colour.
ðŸ‘‰ Reasons to choose OnePlus 3T:
1. Snapdragon 821 has 10% boost in performance and more efficient power usage than OnePlus 3's Snapdragon's 820.
2. The front camera has increased resolution, now 16MP.
3. ~1 hour of extra battery life than OnePlus 3.
4. Sapphire lens protection on the rear camera.
5. To get 128GB storage.
6. For Gunmetal colour.
7. To own a flashship device.
ðŸ‘‰ Should you upgrade?
Now here is the answer to the question every OnePlus 3 user want to ask.
Should you upgrade?
My answer is BIG NO, this upgrade will cost you at least 8k and you will get again the same phone with the minor upgrades that you won't even notice.
ðŸ‘‰ Other Points:
Battery Saving Tip:
1. OnePlus 3T has an Optic AMOLED display so keeping the black color on the screen will save OnePlus 3T's battery life. So make a black wallpaper and use dark mode. Additionally, you can install substratum and InversionUI to change everything in black from the play store if you have rooted your device.
2. Install and use greenify, people think there is no use of greenify as there is doze mode in Android M but Doze doesn't do anything while your device is in use, whereas Greenify can happily hibernate non-essential apps and boost battery performance.
Go to phone Settings > About Phone > Hit "Build number" 7 times > back to Settings > Developer Options here change animations speed to .5x from 1x or turn them completely off.
1. OTG not working. To fix this is to jump into Settings > Storage & USB and hit the three dot menu button to ensure that ‘Enable OTG’ is activated.
2. Vibration is disturbing loud (noisy). Opt for replacement.
OnePlus 3 & 3T have a curved 2.5D display because of that no tempered glass will completely have no glue middle of them at the screen area, in this case, you there will be a rainbow effect due to gape between the screen and the tempered glass. Most of the covers will also peel of these full tempered glass so I would recommend you to not buy them.
I personally using the no tempered on this mobile, the pre-applied screen protector is good enough to take care of scratches. I will apply another good quality screen protector(not tempered glass) in one or two months.
Dash charge only works with the bundled Dash Charge Adapter and the Cable, if you are not using one of them or both then Dash Charge will not work. In other words, Dash Charge works with only bundled Dash Charge Adapter and the Cable.
Hydrogen & Oxygen Merge:
Hydrogen is a very feature-rich customized OS and on the other hand, Oxygen OS is a stock based simple OS with some extra features. Hydrogen OS is used in China as google services are banned in China whereas Oxygen OS is for rest of the world. This merging will bring so many good & useful features in upcoming updates but by the time this will make stock Android flavour washed out. This merging will also speed up the updates process as Oxygen now uses Hydrogen OS base.
You can activate accidental damage protection for 1 year with OnePlus3T within 15 days of purchase. This will cost you Rs1899 but it will make you worry free for next 1 year. To activate it just open play store and download an app called OnePlus Care by Servify
OnePlus 3 Dash Charger (Original Genuine) Dash Power Adapter (UK)
Unmatched Speed and Efficiency We've custom engineered our Dash Power Adapter to be surprisingly clever. Integrated circuits are built into the adapter itsel...
Shipping Costs : Not specified | Availability : refer to website
Oneplus 3 6+64GB Dual SIM 4G LTE 5.5" Smartphone Graphite
Dimensions 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.35 mm Weight 158 g Europe / Asia model WCDMA: Bands 1/2/5/8 FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20 TDD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41 Wireless Standard...
Shipping Costs : Not specified | Availability : refer to website
Product Information : OnePlus 3
Manufacturer's product descriptionAndroid 6.0.1 - 4G - Wifi, Bluetooth
Cellular / Type: Smartphone
Cellular / Operating System: Android 6.0.1
Display / Diagonal Size: 5.5 in
Optical Sensor / Sensor Resolution: 16 Megapixel
Communications / Wireless Interface: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Cellular / Mobile Broadband Generation: 4G
EAN: 0602716058100, 0713382701143
Form Factor: Touch
Weight: 158 g
Flash Memory / User Memory: 64 GB
Listed on Ciao since: 09/08/2016