Onkyo TX-SR606

Onkyo TX-SR606

Receiver, Amplifier - RMS Wattage140 - Width: 435 mm

Review of "Onkyo TX-SR606"

published 19/10/2009 | dca860
Member since : 30/01/2008
Pro great connectivity, great 720p (1080i) upscaler, great looks, excellent clarity of sound.
Cons Doesn't upscale to 1080p, a 4th HDMI would be useful.
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Instructions
Range of Features

"Onkyo TX-SR606 - great value"

Bought one of these for a great price on eBay at the same time as the 607 was launched. I paid £300
It offers terrific value at the price I paid.
In these times of a mixrure of signals from SD to HD, this machine is particuarly useful as it offers a built in scaler that can upscale all of your inputs to 1080i or 720p. (The newer 607 upsclaes to 1080p I believe but apart from blue-ray, just about all transmitted HD signals offered by Sku and VirginMedia are 720p maximum resolution).
This was probably the one most importanmt feature for me as I have a large number of inputs and it was becoming a nighmare to feed into my plasma.
This machine also offers terrific sound.
It has a nice clear subtle green display so that you know what it's up to!
As for features, it would be pointmess to reproduce those in a review as you'll have already read those if you're contemplating the puchase of this AV-amp.
If I had a true native resolution of 1080p on my plasma, I'd have invested in the newer model 607 as in my view, it is pretty important to match signal and display properties.
This was easy to set up (so much easier than my previous Yamaha)
I hopethis helps anyone?

• TheHairyGodmother published 07/01/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review that would make it helpful from a consumers perspective. If you update please leave a message in my guestbook, and I will be only too happy to return and re-rate.
  • dca860 published 19/10/2009
    Who on earth are you Autarkis? You seem to have elected yourself the review reviewer when you appear to have little interest in the product itself.
  • Autarkis published 19/10/2009
    This lacks personal opinion and has very litte info, it was quite hard to follow also.