shygalnz 1

shygalnz

Member since:30.11.2006

Useless, don't go there!

30.11.2006

Advantages:
None

Disadvantages:
Bad service, lack of knowledge, customer service skills, organisational skills, rip - off !  !  !

Recommendable No:

6 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. ShellyQ1975
  1. kevin121
  2. jm160
  3. tumblebiscuit

I have usually gone to Specsavers, however, being a student and seeing an advert in the window of Optical Express on Regent St, London, for a free eye test, I decided to book an appointment. However, I wish I hadn't. On the day of hte appointment, which was booked for 2 pm (this was written on one of their cards for me!), or so I thought, when I arrived, they said I was not on the system, and then they said I was booked for 2.15 pm for an aftercare appointment!!!!Aftercare??? I had never been to them before! Then the optician asks the guy at reception for my file! I told them that this was my first time here, I was not here for an aftercare appointment and that I was here for an eye test.

So, after all that, had the eye test and the optician then asks me if I want a contact lens fit as well, so I agree. She then says my prescription has not changed, according to what she worked out from my spectacles. Then told to to try a pair of trial lenses on, she did not inform me that they were of different base curvature (i.e. one eye was different from the other)! Then she said she would order the lenses for me. So, I paid £51 with student discount for 3 months supply of Acuvue Advance lenses (which by the way is really expensive, esp since I later found out they do not come with any solution!!! what's the point?! )

The next day I put on the lenses and notice that one of the lenses doesn't quite fit right on my lens. I thought perhaps my eyes were playing up and were just irritated. But then I went to pick up my lenses which I had ordered, took them home and checked them with my current lens and noticed that the base curve radius ws different!

So, today went back to ask them if they could change them with my previous prescription. Once there, they say, well the optician gave these to you and so it must be right. But I said, I have been wearing these lenses with this base curve for years and no problem. Then they say well you will have to come back for the aftercare appointment before we can order you the other ones because you we cannot order them until we know which ones are better. BUT then why did they go ahead and order these ones then?! Then I was told that I should have brought in my old prescription with me when I had my eye-test. I replied that I was not told this and besides, if they know what they are doing, shouldn't they be able to get it right?!!! without having to refer to what previous opticians have found?!

So, now I have to go to the aftercare, I hope that they will change them for me. While I was getting this sorted out, I noticed my file which had my date of birth and address wrong!!! So, I had to get them to fix this also!

Also, whilst I was there, there was another young lady complaining that she had booked an eye test, yet the optician took her and asked her for her glasses and was going to check her prescription for her glasses!!! Obviously another big mix-up!

I recommend you do not go to Optical Express, they provide extremely bad service, do not seem to have a clue as to what they are doing, are very rude and lack good customer service skills, lack communication skills and are also quite expensive!

I will not be returning to them after my aftercare and once I get my correct contact lenses!!! I suggest you stay away from this mickey mouse outfit!

anatomic68 15.03.2008 15:59

I wish I had read your review before I took my daughter to the Regent St branch. went there last week for a eye test for her, they are terrible. They are so incompetant they did not even know their own closing times. got her retested and their script was wrong! all they want is your money.

ShellyQ1975 01.12.2006 09:13

I normally use Vision Express. And have had problems with the glasses they have made for me. Damaged lenses were the main problem. Apart from that they seem to be O.K. Thanks for advice, will stay away from these guys.

sriches 30.11.2006 21:29

Sounds like you had a really bad experience with OE hope that you get it all sorted out soon! x :O)