bllward 5

bllward

Member since:30.06.2007

Laser Surgery with Optical Express

01.07.2007

Advantages:
Very professional and friendly

Disadvantages:
Can try and pressure you into extras

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Mitsudan
  2. ironie
  3. MAFARRIMOND
  1. HotBabes
  2. christianfilmcritic
  3. WhiteChocolatePraline

I used Optical Express for laser eye surgery after my brother had his eyes done.
He had the Lasek procedure carried out, which left him with dry eyes for a couple of months but almost perfect vision.
After a couple of months of dithering, and after a trip to Rome getting infuriated with seeing fantastic sites through misty lenses, I decided to go ahead with the procedure.
I went to the consultation in the bright an clean Leeds clinic. I was very impressed with the friendly and personal and comprehensive service I received.
They carried out a number of tests on my eyes and then the consultant sat me down and went through the results with me. I was shown a couple of charts giving light and imperfection maps of my eye.
One thing I will say is that they tried a very hard sell when it came to WaveFront, which is apparantly a procedure which will remove all imperfections in your cornea.
I was given a quote of £395 per eye, as I was at the lower end of the prescription range, and I was deemed suitable for Lasik, which is more invasive, but has a better recovery period.
Two week later I went back to the clinic for my surgery. I was waiting for around an hour and a half as the laser technician was delayed. After that I was second into the procedure room, and was VERY nervous.
The surgeon talked me through the process, and told everything he was doing, which was reassuring. It was uncomfortable, but took less than 10 minutes per eye. After the surgery, my vision was much better right away. The consultant sat down with me and asked me how I felt and told me what to expect. 20 minutes later I was checked over by the surgeon adn given the go ahead to go home.
Uncomfortable couple of hours, but was watching TV by the evening - without glasses!!
In conclusion, a very good, honest service. They were professional and friendly at all times and I would thoroughly recommend both Optical Express and the procedure.

bllward 01.07.2007 16:08

This is a permanent operation, and the effects last. I have a bit of "glaring" at night around lights, but no worse than before the procedure. Because I had Lasik, the recovery period was very short. I had dry eyes for around two weeks, but all was fine after that. Apparently I have better than 20/20 vision now!

rowei 01.07.2007 01:55

I would love to have this done one day because I hate being short-sighted. Very honest review.

Thehonesttruth 01.07.2007 01:03

I've always wondered about this surgery, sounds like it worked well for you though, and sounds like Optical Express are good people to go with!