Opticalexpress.co.uk

Review of "Opticalexpress.co.uk"

published 28/10/2009 | claribella
Member since : 14/06/2009
Pro Amazing customer service
Cons The equipment isn't as hi tech as other places

"Optical amazing!"

So after having an eye test at D&A and being scared off by the prices, I booked myself into Optical Express which is where Andrew gets his contacts from. The price of the eyetest was half the price of D&A (£15) to start with and if you purchased glasses afterwards then it would automatically be free.

The eye test didn’t seem as hi-tech or extensive as D&A and nor did the equipment seem as up-to-date but the optician was friendly, made conversation and was just a genuinely nice guy and whats more important, the test results came back the same as they did at D&A; I need glasses and I have a stigmatism.

The staff here are absolutely amazing and I can’t praise them highly enough. They were not only friendly and personal but they also couldn’t do enough to please me. There were four ladies in the shop and they were all helping me choose my frames and they were completely honest. I have a narrow face o everything that I tried on looked too wide. They ended up directing me to the children’s glasses even though they were a lot cheaper and I eventually found a nice pair from the kids range. They also baby sat my boys giving them pens and paper so they wouldn’t get restless whilst Andrew and I were trying glasses on.

The range of glasses isn’t as vast as D&A but there was certainly a lot to choose from. I tried on most of them and if it wasn’t for the fact that my head is super narrow then I’m confident I would have found a pair I liked in the womans range. As it was, I found a lovely pair that I liked in the childrens range and they were half the price of the womans glasses so that was a result. The womans glasses are a good price and they range from designer frames to the average cheaper glasses.

All in all this is a shop that offers a first class service and first class frames and lenses.

• hillhead published 29/10/2009
    I will keep this in mind. Good info : )
  • karimkha published 28/10/2009