Oral B Professional Care 3000 electric toothbrush

Oral B Professional Care 3000 electric toothbrush

Oral B Professional Care 3000 electric toothbrushhas 3 modes for deep cleaning, sensitive teeth and for natural whitening.

Review of "Oral B Professional Care 3000 electric toothbrush"

published 31/07/2010 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro A fantastic toothbrush
Cons The high price tag
Bristle durability
Length of the brushhead

"Oral B Professional Care 3000 Electric Toothbrush"

Disadvantages: The price tag

I have always took good care of my teeth, so have used an electric toothbrush for as long as I can remember. I tend to break them rather easily though, so I need a decent one that won't break on me easily. To date, the most reliable one I have found is the Oral B Professional Care 3000 which I received as a present last year.

This is the most expensive toothbrush I have ever owned, some would probably say it is too expensive. However, to me this is more than just a toothbrush. It is almost like a pamper session for your mouth! This toothbrush comes with four interchangeable heads. There are different modes in which you can use this toothbrush which are daily, sensitive and polish. I tend to stick to the daily one and use the polish one a couple of times a week. I don't generally need the sensitive one as I do not suffer with sensitive teeth, but I did try it out and you can definitely notice less harshness in the cleaning process, but your teeth still felt clean and your mouth fresh after use.

To use, you simply plug the charger into an electrical socket and place the toothbrush onto the unit. A green light flashes whilst the toothbrush is charging and flashes continuously when it has finished charging, which is good to know as you can save on electricity by not over-charging it. I have found that even with brushing twice a day, this toothbrush only needs charging about once a week which I was quite impressed with.

The best feature for me within this toothbrush is the timer. The timer lasts for two minutes, which is how long a dentist recommends you take to brush your teeth, spending 30 seconds on each of the four quadrants in your mouth. After every 30 seconds, you get a 'stuttering sound' which indicates it is time to move onto the next quadrant. I found this really handy and it proved to me that although I have always been quite rigorous in my cleaning regime, that I did not spend enough time doing it. This is the perfect way to make sure you really are giving your teeth the best care possible.

When I first used this toothbrush, I was amazed at the power it had. I most certainly had never had a toothbrush so powerful. This toothbrush pulsates 40,000 times per minute and rotates 8800 times per minute which I think is astounding. It also give 3D cleaning (which apparently means it pulsates, oscillates and rotates), which means it removes twice as much plaque as a manual toothbrush.

Another feature this toothbrush has is a pressure sensor which lights up when you are pressing too hard.

Overall I have to say I have been extremely impressed with this toothbrush and I would definitely recommend it to anybody. Its not cheap by any means though. You can purchase it from Amazon for around £49.99, but it does retail generally at around £99.99, which is quite extortionate for a toothbrush. For me though, if you can afford it then it is well worth the money. My teeth have never looked or felt cleaner. They have a real whiteness to them that wasn't there before and always look shiny and polished. My gums look and feel healthy too and my mouth feels fresher for longer than before. I really feel that by using this toothbrush, I am really looking after my teeth and gums to the best of my ability now and if this one did break, I would struggle to go back to a lesser quality one now.

Obviously in this day and age, not everyone can afford to spend that kind of money on a toothbrush (myself included), but if you do suffer from any teeth/gum problems, I would pretty much guarantee that this toothbrush would sort those problems out. My dentist says that I have quite a small mouth (my family would disagree!), so it is also useful that the brush head sizes on this toothbrush are relatively small so that even in a small mouth like mine, I find it easy to get into the hard to reach places with my toothbrush to ensure that all areas of my mouth are clean.

I would highly recommend this toothbrush, its in a league of its own in my opinion. I have never had such a powerful toothbrush that makes such a noticeable difference to the condition of my teeth and gums. Oral B are a leading brand in oral hygeine and you know that by purchasing one of their products, you are going to be gettig a good quality product, and this one really is no exception to that.

This toothbrush is available from online stores and from supermarkets and shops such as boots, though you will pay more from these stores for it. The wand itself is a deep blue colour with white buttons. It has a simple look, yet looks to be of a high quality.

If you can afford the very high price tag, then I highly recommend you try this, but I warn you now, once you have tried it, you won't be able to go back to a bog standard toothbrush!

• JOE.B published 05/08/2010
    Great work :)
  • hayleigh_18 published 02/08/2010
    My mum has a similar model and she got hers in the sale!
  • paulpry118 published 01/08/2010
    I hate going back to manual toothbrushes when we go on holiday after using an electric, my teeth never seem to feel clean using a manual