Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994

Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994

Oral B Triumph electric toothbrush, designed to clean effectively in three brushing dimensions at once.

Review of "Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994"

published 13/01/2011 | isabelle1
Member since : 07/01/2011
Izzy1 from Dooyoo. I'm blue dabadeedadadedardedoo!
Pro Handy timer and guide, extra heads
Cons Price
Ease of Use
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"The smart way to brush your teeth"

A few weeks ago I visited the dentist for my six monthly check. I had been having a problem with bleeding gums and was worried about the condition of my teeth. Despite managing to live to my 30s with no fillings, I had somehow managed to begin to get gum disease, although it was the very early stages. I was absolutely mortified as I have always been so conscientious with brushing, however since my daughter came along I spend probably more time brushing her teeth than I do my own. Anyway, the dentist recommend I move onto an electric toothbrush, and was adamant that I should spend a little more and go for one of the top of the range as they really do make a difference. At first I was a little dubious as I thought she may be trying to con me into buying one of their own, but she was very honest and told me I would probably pick up a better deal in Boots or Superdrug. Armed with the advise of the dentist, I went home and began researching.

I was happy to learn that Boots actually had this on offer on their website for near enough half price. I think I paid £85, and it retails for £150. It was also in stock and I ordered it straight away. When the toothbrush came I was really pleased, as it not only came with the brush, a handy travel case and a timer, but it also came with 3 heads which can retail for around £15 each.

After a few days of use and getting used to (I had always used a manual brush), I noticed a difference. My teeth felt cleaner and after a few weeks I actually noticed that my teeth looked whiter too.

One of the main features of the brush which I adore, is the handy little timer. From the moment the brush is switched on, the timer starts and urges you to brush for 2 minutes. You are rewarded with a funky little smiley face if you achieve 2 minutes, and for 2 and a half minutes you even get a wink! The timer also indicates if you are brushing too hard with a red warning triangle which lights up. I also found it easier to make sure I was brushing correctly, as the timer indicates which section of your mouth you should be brushing and for how long.

The toothbrush is obviously rechargable and simply sits into a base which is plugged into a mains adapter. The brush only needs charging around once a week. Call me easily pleased, but I thought it was really clever that how you charge the brush as you don't actually connect the toothbrush to anything - just simply sit it in its base. The base also has handy storage for the spare heads.

From reading the manual, I know that the brush records the brushing time, and once you have reached 3 months worth of twice a day brushing for 2 minutes each time, it alerts you to change the head. How clever is that?!

The heads include 1 floss action head for deaper plaque removal between teeth, 1 sensitive head for sensitive teeth and gums, and 1 3D White Pro Bright head to remove stains, so whatever your needs, it will no doubt be met by at least one of these extra heads. There are five different brushing modes including: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Polish, Deep Clean and Massage. Although I find that I only really use the deep clean as this gives me the most effective clean from the brush. The brush pulsates 40,000 times a minute, oscillates and rotates 8800 times per minute (although I haven't actually counted!) so your teeth should definately feel squeaky clean after using this brush!

Overall, a fantastic brush, which hasn't let me down and which really really works.

• Gooseydyoo published 01/03/2011
    Well done - getting to 30 WITHOUT a single filling!! Sounds a good buy, though there are less expensive ones around. Great review.
  • nic63 published 25/02/2011
    I bought an electric toothbrush after the dentist recommended it due to soft gums and I could never go back to a manual now, it doesn't feel as if your brushing your teeth properly does it! This sounds really good, must be honest, I think I would be tempted to hang in for the wink lol. Great review. Nic x
  • JasonJRogers published 24/02/2011
    Sorry! it will be so much easier!