Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994

Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994

Oral B Triumph electric toothbrush, designed to clean effectively in three brushing dimensions at once.

Review of "Oral B Triumph 5000 D 32.546.5/X Smart Guide /833994"

published 24/07/2011 | milly234
Member since : 28/12/2009
Pro it works, good clean feeling
Cons price
Ease of Use
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"Dentist Clean Feeling"

I recently got this brush after feeling that my old manual was just not doing the job anymore and I felt I was struggling with my teeth and dental hygiene a bit.

I bought this from my dentist but apparently you can get it from places like boots, Lloyds pharmacy and currys etc and there are often half price deals on at these places so you should be able to get one of these for about £60-80.

A cool thing about this brush is that it comes with the little wireless smart timer. I’ve been finding I’ve been brushing my teeth for longer now that I have this as if you brush past 2 minutes you get a little smiley face!! The smart timer also tells you when to change to the different areas of your mouth and t pulses differently as well so that you can change without the wireless device. You can also mount this device on your wall but I haven’t done that yet. The timer takes batteries but these are easy to change and they seem to last for a relatively long time. The timer also tells you when you are brushing too hard with a little red light and a picture and it pulses to tell you too. This is good as it will hopefully help me to prevent gum damage.

I had previously shy-ed away from electric brushed because I found them to be weirdly tickling on my nose and this was really uncomfortable. This one however doesn’t seem to make me feel like this and that’s fab! To check this out I first tried a new head on my friends brush and as it didn’t make me feel weird, I invested in my own.

I’ve been using the polishing head and it’s brilliant. I really feel like my teeth are clean and although the first time I used it properly it felt a bit sore afterwards as it is quite fast rotating etc and it was a bit of a change to my normal brush. Now I am used to it though it is fab and it really makes my teeth feel much cleaner – sort of like I’ve been to the dentist rather than just using my manual one which didn’t feel that great.

You can also get other brush heads for this like a flossing heads but I haven’t tried these yet as I am so far liking the polishing one. Apparently the heads have special brushes on them which let you know (after 3 months) that it is time to get a new head.

You charge the toothbrush using the included charger on one of those shaver type plugs but you can also get a 13amp adaptor plug to charge it I think.

There are a few settings and different speeds on this brush too which depends on what you want and how you like to use the brush. I keep mine on deep clean because I find it give me a lovely clean.

Another good thing is that my boyfriend can have his own head on this and then use the same handset which is good because it gives a fab clean but it is expensive so this way we don’t have to buy 2.