Organix Goodies Organic Apple & Orange Cereal Bars 12mth+

Organix Goodies Organic Apple & Orange Cereal Bars 12mth+

Baby Food - Organic

Review of "Organix Goodies Organic Apple & Orange Cereal Bars 12mth+"

published 26/04/2011 | Calla76
Member since : 14/07/2010
Thank you for all the reads and rates!
Pro Organic ingredients with no sugar
Cons Very crumbly and a little bit on the pricey side
Nutritional Value
Menu Variety
Taste

"A sweet treat"

Best bars
These naturally sweet and fruity bars are a firm favourite with my daughter and are a great snack for little ones.

The fantastic thing about these bars is that although they are very sweet (I know, I've tried a bit!), they don't contain any sugar. The ingredients are 100% organic and are as follows:

Organic Oats (44%), Organic Raisins (34%), Organic Sunflower Oil (10%), Organic Apple Juice Concentrate (6%), Organic Coconut (5%), Organic Orange Oil (less than 1%)
Nothing but goodies
These bars are called Goodies for a reason - other than the oil, these are all healthy ingredients. The bars are suitable for 12 months and upwards and are great to encourage independent eating. Other bars in the Organix Goodies range include Raspberry and Apple (another fave with my daughter), Carrot Cake and Cocoa & Raisin. They retail at around £2.40 for a box of six, meaning each bar comes in at around the 40p mark - not the cheapest, but then you pay for the quality of the ingredients.

The bars themselves are a good size at 30g each and individually wrapped in brightly coloured foil wrappers. The texture is quite rough and crumbly, so be prepared for crumbs - although my little girl is quick to snap these up if she can! When I first started buying these, when my daughter was about 18 months, I rarely left the house without a Goodies bar, as it's the perfect size to slip into a bag, and is ideal for a little treat when on the move. About one year on, she probably doesn't eat these as much now - especially as - inevitably - she's discovered real sugary treats! But I still tend to have a few of these on hand in my cupboard.

I thin these are great for when your baby starts to develop a taste for sweet treats, as it's very reassuring to know that there is a sugar-free alternative to some of the rusks and baby biscuits out there that do tend to contain sugar.

Summary: A great snack for sweet-toothed toddlers

• catsholiday published 27/04/2011
    Our granddaughter thought the carrot cake ones were disgusting so we tasted them and were inclined to agree with her.