Organix Organic Fruit Purees 4mth+ Apple & Blueberry

Organix Organic Fruit Purees 4mth+ Apple & Blueberry

Baby Food - Organic

Review of "Organix Organic Fruit Purees 4mth+ Apple & Blueberry"

published 19/10/2010 | Spottydog11
Nutritional Value
Menu Variety
Taste

"Fruit puree"

The latest Organix baby food products I have tried are the fruit purees on recommendation from a friend. I decided to try them as they come in little pots and do not need refridgeration and so to me are a perfect food that we can take and put in our food bag when we are out and about for the day. I do make my own fruit purees as they are very simple to make but I like to keep mine refridgerated after making them and so they are not as simple to take out with us so I got these purely for the fact that they are so portable.

Organix produce a range of baby food products and have a no junk promise which says that by, "choosing Organix you are helping to give your baby the best start in life. Our organic foods are prepared with care to give your baby natural tastes and flavours. We use ingredients that are grown or reared organically without artificial pesticides and with respect for the environment and our no junk promise guarantees no unnecessary artificial ingredients."

The purees come in a pack of four. There are lots of different flavours but we recently tried the Apple & Blueberry flavour. These purees are 100% organic fruit and contain no added sugar, no colourings and no artificial flavourings. According to the packaging Organix say that fruits are a natural source of vitamins which help support your baby's development. They say that these 100% organic fruit purees offer your baby a variety of natural tastes and flavours to gently expand their palate. My baby definitely loves them. They are not completely smooth so do have some texture to them. They are for babies 4 months plus and are classified as having a simple taste and a smooth texture although I would say even though it's a simple taste its a yummy taste too. They are also very sweet, I have tried them and I wold eat them myself.

I think the only problem I have with these is that even though there is no added sugar they do have a lot of sugar in them already. Each 100g pot has 10.7g which I believe to be a lot so I really only have them as a treat for my little girl now and again.

Like I've said above they are sold in packs of 4 and cost £1.69 from Boots.

• jesi published 21/10/2010
    I expect you would be surprised at how much sugar your own homemade fruit puree contains . . . even cooked carrot puree has quite a lot of natural sugars . . . (depending on variety) . . . organix are quite good at being higher in fibre than some others . . . &#9829 jesi &#9829
  • Deesrev published 20/10/2010
    So many of these types of products do contain natural sugars, which is ok as long as balanced throughout the day with other foods. Smashing review of this 'natural' product! :D x
  • jedimastergray73 published 19/10/2010