Review of "Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer"

published 27/02/2014 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1982
Pro Lovely natural light face moisturiser
Cons None really

"Expresso for my face"

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser

I have become a bit of a fan of origins since they have a counter in our Boots in Derby. I love the fact that you can book a free facial and you get a proper facial with all the works sitting in the store. They obviously do it to promote their products but you can also ask for samples as well to try at home. If you buy something it is always worth asking for a couple of samples of other products as well. They often have promotions so if you buy a product then you will get others in sample sizes free. Keep an eye out on line as they often have promotions.

This moisturiser is one of their latest products and is said to be 'A shot of expresso for the skin.' I love their eye product – Ginzing so when I saw this new product I thought I would give it a try. Boots offered extra points when it first came out too so made it worth while then.

I tend to buy from Boots but their website does offer special from time to time so shop around. This is £23 for 50m so an average sort of price for a natural, quality face moisturiser really.

This moisturiser comes in a small recyclable screw top pot so use clean fingers to apply. The cream is a white , very soft and slightly runny cream. It would spill if you turned the pot on its side but not so runny that it is a lotion. As soon as I apply this I am aware of the fruity but not sweet sort of aroma and my skin feels refreshed and alive. It is cool and soft so doesn't drag and is quickly absorbed into my face skin.

It is designed to revive an awaken tired skin so not an anti wrinkle one. The natural ingredients in this that make it uplifting are Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean which are known as skin boosters. This cream not only revives tired and old looking skin but it also moisturises without adding oil as it is oil free. This lack of oil makes it great for those with oily skin as you get the moisturising but no added oil.

I have issues with some creams as my skin is sensitive and so I do like using natural creams. Origins products are all plant based and not tested on animals and I have not yet come across one that has caused me any skin irritation. I have been very pleased wit this as it is a great day time moisturiser, giving my face skin a kick start in the morning. The only issue I have is that there are no UV blocks in it so it is no protection from sun damage. It does really make my skin look more alive and even radiant some days.

Although it seems quite a light cream it does do a good job of moisturising and my skin never feel tight when I use this and in fact it feels soft to touch and yet firm and tight too. In the summer I found I needed no make up especially when not going anywhere special, I applied this and a bit of a sun screen and I was happy with how my skin looked. It does help to have a bit of a summer glow too which usually cane from a tube or bottle as I do try and protect my face from sun damage.

I have been happy with this moisturiser but I think possible my older skin needs something a bit more wrinkle reducing so I may go back to their plantscription range as it is designed for older skin and I think that they do my skin more good. I will keep this though and use it when my skin looks dull and tired to give it its 'shot of expresso'.

Origins suggest you use this night and morning AFTER your favourite serum. I have only used this in the morning as I feel my skin needs more feeding at night and probably doesn't want to be woken up with caffeine and ginzing just before I go to bed.

I would certainly recommend this as a very good moisturiser, especially for those with greasy skin as it has no oils in it. I would also say it is probably aimed more at those younger than me with tired skin but not many wrinkles and lines. I think I need a deeper more repairing moisturiser at this stage. I loved the feel of this and it smells fresh and fruity, it certainly made my skin feel fresh and it looked alive and brighter but those darned lines and wrinkles need to be kept at bay.

Thanks for reading. This review may be posted on other sites under my same user name.

©Catsholiday

Genre: day moisturiser

EAN: 0717334192454

Listed on Ciao since: 26/02/2014

Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer - Review - Expresso for my face
Home > Beauty > Face > Face Creams & Treatments > Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer > Reviews

catsholid... 5

catsholiday

About me: Sad to see this site no longer paying. Thanks to everyone for reading and rating over the years and hope not to lose touch with long term ciaoers.

Member since:03.03.2003

Reviews:1982

Expresso for my face

27.02.2014

Advantages:
Lovely natural light face moisturiser

Disadvantages:
None really

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?

Why did you buy it?

1. Violet1278
  2. KateHurst
  3. angelboouk123

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser

This moisturiser is one of their latest products and is said to be 'A shot of expresso for the skin.' I love their eye product Ginzing so when I saw this new product I thought I would give it a try. Boots offered extra points when it first came out too so made it worth while then.

I tend to buy from Boots but their website does offer special from time to time so shop around. This is 23 for 50m so an average sort of price for a natural, quality face moisturiser really.

Catsholiday

« Previous review

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Violet1278 16.11.2017 16:45