Review of "Origins Night-A-Mins"

published 04/01/2005 | Clara
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Puts the beauty in your sleep!
Cons None that I can think of

"Origins *New* High Potency Night-a-mins"

This is the recently relaunched night-a-mins by Origins, which as the name suggests is a vitamin enriched night cream for the face.

The cream contains vitamins B,C, E and A, minerals and an exfoliating element which all help to moisturise and renew your skin as you sleep. The High Potency bit means theres more of these wonderful ingredients than there used to be, although I didn't try the old version so I can't comment on whether it's improved. The cream also contains various essential oils, in line with Origins policy of using 'natural' ingredients.

This moisturiser, as with all Origins products, is attractively but simply packaged, in this case in a brown glass jar and a recycled cardboard box. You get 50ml of cream for £25, which may sound expensive, but a little does go a long way. I find a smallish dab of the finger is enough to smooth over my face and neck - very important to moisturise your neck as well as your face if you want to stay young looking all over - I digress.

I find this a great night cream as it is moisturising enough and feels rich enough for my normal with occasional dry bits skin without making you go to bed with a face dripping with gloop.

An added advantage of this product is that, in common with all the Origins products I have tried, it smells gorgeous, without being overpowering. The scented ingredients are listed as Neroli, Orange, Valerian and Vanilla, but the overall perfume is fresh and citrussy. Origins claim these perfumed oils help you to sleep. I won't deny this, but I'm sure that going to bed feeling gorgeous and lightly perfumed does possibly relax you slightly.

The feel and smell combined means I enjoy using this product, which means I am less likely to forget it last thing, which must ultimately be better for my skin!

There is also a lotion version of this product for sensitive skins, and an eye cream.
Overall Night-a-mins is an effective product and a pleasure to use.

• mrsatchmo published 04/01/2005
    Origins make good products. They make expensive products but perfect to be given as presents.
  • aznchick published 04/01/2005
    Sounds good but bit expenisve for me! : )
  • Lush1 published 04/01/2005
    Not sure I would like the fact that it has strong fragrances, great review though. x