Otex Ear Drops

Otex Ear Drops

Otex drops has a dual action formula which softens hardened ear wax and gently liberates oxygen to help disperse it.

Review of "Otex Ear Drops"

published 30/03/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Work well over a couple of days
Cons None
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Ear wax be gone"

Ear wax is not the most attractive problem to have. I do a lot of swimming and my eyes are always getting clogged up and in the past I have had to have my eyes syringed and drained. I can always feel when they are blocking up again as when I yawn I can hear a crackling in my ear like the wax is trying to separate but just can't quite seem to move. When this happens I know it is time to use a course of ear drops and the drops I use are Otex ear drops.

These ear drops have a dual action benefit to them where they help to remove hardened ear wax and then gently liberate oxygen to help disperse it. The drops come in a little bottle, much like a bottle of eye drops. They have a little cap on the end with a fairly long nozzle that makes it easy to put this in the ear canal and then administer the drops. I can usually do this on my own and you don't really need anyone to help you administer the drops but if you can get someone to help you that's even better. I would also not recommend ramming the nozzle all the way into the ear canal as this could cause damage so I just make sure I get near it and just hold it there. Then all you do is drop 5 drops into the ear and wait a minute for them to drain into the ear. The bottle is really easy to squeeze so the drops come out easily which is nice as you can't see what you are doing when the bottle is near your ear. Its a bit of a funny sensation having liquid dribble into your eye but as you are only using a few ear drops its not like getting lots of drops in them.

The instructions say to use these drops once or twice daily for approximately three to four days whilst symptoms clear. I find that generally I need to use these drops for about that amount of time. I can feel my ears getting clearer as I use them and I do like the way they clear my ears. The box says that these drops reduce the need for syringing and I haven't had to have this done for years now which is great as I believe this is not really something doctors will do now and it hurts!!

The drops contain 5.0% w/w of the active ingredient Urea Hydrogen Peroxide so I would advise keeping them in a medicine cabinet away from children. An 8ml bottle that takes care of one round of treatment for me costs £4.75 which is well worth it in my opinion.

• JasonJRogers published 30/03/2012
    I use these for my ears, great read!

offers "Otex Ear Drops"