Ovranette Contraceptive Pill

Ovranette Contraceptive Pill

Female Contraception - Contraceptive Pills

Review of "Ovranette Contraceptive Pill"

published 15/12/2006 | apstan2
Member since : 06/12/2006
Pro Runs like clockwork, easy to take, not many side effects
Cons First month can be rough
Side effects
Strength

"Ovranette"

I was first put on Ovranette at the age of 18 when I had my period for 18 days straight. The pill helped to curve the bleeding and I was back to normal almost immediately.

When getting married at the age of 25 I decided to go on the pill having seen and heard of other methods out there. I didn't trust the condom for 2 reasons. First being that it's 97% effective and sod's law being what it is I would be in the 3%! Secondly, when you're in the heat of passion it kind of ruins it when you stop to go looking for where you put the condoms etc.

The coil and injections I have heard of and know people that have been on them. Firstly I was advised by a friend who's a nurse not to go with the coil until after I'd had all my children. The coil can damage the female organ therefore making you unable to carry children. The injection I heard a different story where my friend had it for 2 years and it took another 2 years to wear off. They tried for a baby for 2 years basically so, it is good as a contraceptive, but not good if you want a baby as quickly as possible after taking away the contraceptive.

I went on the pill - Ovranette - a month before I got married. I had quite a rough couple of days with feeling incredibly nauseous and tired all the time, even throwing up once or twice. However, this subsided after the initial week.

What the pill does is make your body run like clockwork, so it is important if your periods are irregular (this can lead to infertility), so it is good to go on the pill if you do want children later on.

Anyway, after the first month, I still felt a little tired now and again, but that was just my body adapting to the new medication.

I went through a bit of 'spotting' which is when tiny droplets of blood come out, especially after intercourse. Also, sleepless nights here and there. I went to see the doctor about this and she advised one of two things. I had to take the pill at EXACTLY the same time every day. Even a difference of half an hour can have a significant difference.

And if that didn't help then to increase my current dosage to a higher one - am on medium at the moment.

In terms of taking the pill what I did was put an alarm on my mobile. I also avoided taking the pill in the mornings as if there were any effects from the pill then it wouldn't ruin my day.

It's easy to take as the tabs are named with the days of the week. Therefore you'll remember if you've already had one or not. You take them for 21 days and 7 days off, starting on the first day of your period.

In the first month you can have two periods, but this again is due to the pill working to change your body into running like clockwork.

There are risks of breast cancer but only by about 14% more using the pill and if you've been using the pill for more than 5 years back to back.

For me the pill is working fine, I no longer have any feelings of nausea, nor do I feel as tired as I used to (I'm currently on month 6 having started in July this year).

I haven't had any adverse side effects like bad headaches, or weight gain. It has controlled my periods, I now always know when they're going to start - which was a problem with me before. Also, I'm not pregnant so it is working effectly!

• darkangelwing published 16/12/2006