Samsung_9... 1

Samsung_93

Member since:23.07.2009

Oxford Chill Out Gloves - very poor

09.07.2011

Advantages:
None that I have come across yet .

Disadvantages:
Expensive, uncomfortable, don't stop your hands getting cold and don't even fit under some gloves

Recommendable No:

11 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. ryeb
  3. pumfster
  1. Thehonesttruth
  2. becky-
  3. brittle1906

Anyone who rides a motorcycle in Winter will tell you - cold hands are massive problem. It can be dangerous if you can't operate the controls properly and it gets very painful. After having to suddenly pull over into a ditch because I'd been riding for a couple of hours in temperatures of -5 (wind chill about -20 at 70mph) because my hands were in so much pain I decided it was time to hunt for a solution.

These gloves are essentially inners for motorcycle gloves. The point of these gloves is that they are wind proof - meaning the cold air cannot get to your hands. I was promised that this is what I needed as my hands kept freezing to death in the winter.

The first thing you notice is they are extremely uncomfortable, the inside is made up of hard bumpy material and it's not nice to wear especially under other gloves. I ha some silk inners for cycling and even those didn't make this horrible material more comfortable.

Here comes the next problem, I have 2 pairs of gloves - summer and winter, they don't fit under my winter ones because they are too thick. So I have to wear the summer ones with them.

But then comes the biggest problem of all - it doesn't actually work. No difference what-so-ever, my hands still froze to death. I'm really not impressed at all, what a waste of money. Speaking of which, prices range from about £10 to £18 - either way it's far too much in my opinion. Especially considering it doesn't actually help keep your hands warm at all.

The solution? Well I tried everything and I have to say as far as I'm concerned there is only one - heated grips. It's a little more expensive that gloves but worth every penny, they are absolutely wonderful, I got some Oxford Hot Grips for £30 - but that was by accident, usually they are about £70 - £80. (if you're wondering I ordered some Dr Bike ones from amazon and they sent me the Oxford Hot Grips - I certainly wasn't going to complain about this error) makes up for the wasted money on these gloves I suppose.

Add the first comment!