PC World

Computers & Electronics

Review of "PC World"

published 18/05/2001 | hokers
Member since : 18/05/2001
Pro Good value for money, reputable organisation, good customer service
Cons Site can be slow, PC world stores warranty hard sell

"PC World Online store can have amazing deals"

Introduction
The pcworld online site offers the same product set as the retail stores, with some extras. Occasional sales can prove very good value indeed

Opinion
I bought my PC from the PC world online store. I have been very happy with it since, and the price I paid was significantly lower than I could find anywhere else. The service from the call centre was good and the machine was delivered on time. Another benefit is that if anything goes wrong with it, I can take it back to the retail store to be looked at.
I would advise people to watch out for PC World's hard sell tactics for their extended warranty, which may not be the best possible option, but I think I probably saved myself £250 or so, buying a PC in September of 2000 for £800 in total. This is as cheap as I have ever paid for a PC, and have had no problems with it so far.

Pros
Good value for money, reputable organisation, good customer service

Cons
Always disconcerting buying over the web, PC world stores warranty hard sell.
Site can be slow

Info
www.pcworld.co.uk

UPDATE
Have been asked for specific details of what my system was:
Athlon 750
32mb TNT2 video card
Phillips 17" monitor
keyboard, speakers etc etc
All for £803 including vat and delivery
I reckon at the time (september 2000) I could not have got that system less than 1050-1100 at the time

• Connoisseur_Haggler1 published 18/05/2001
    could you give me some idea of what type of PC system you bought at PCW online so I can get an idea of what the "real" savings were compared with your systems available at that time,also are there any added benefits of purchasing over pcworld.co.uk over a PCWORLD Store? many thanks.