PC World

Computers & Electronics

Review of "PC World"

published 20/01/2010 | ProPhoto2
Member since : 20/01/2010
Pro Great for advice and service. Easy access to computing tools
Cons none

"A great store"

I've worked for pc world for a couple of years now and i've seen all theres is to see. We've had customers insult us & customers praise us. Its a 'in the middle' sort of thing. I would like to address the term 'pushy sales people' I agree some of us are a little on the forceful side-but we are not commission based anymore so those individual persons perhaps that are 'pushy' maybe be that way because of their sales technique, nevertheless, alot of people automatically assume we are trying to sell them things they dont need, when the truth is half of the things yes, you will need. Before i worked for pc world, i bought my computer from pc world, i bought the software that was recommended and i used it, i have had my computer for 6 years now, not a single problem (but then again, i look after my computer fairly well). I am not biased im simply stating what is true. We do our best to help every customer, we pick out key aspects with what customers will be using their products for and we try to get them everything they need to get started. Our after sales service is very good, i've seen many complaints about the tech guys and how the customer service is poor-but your problems get sorted nethertheless?

In my opinion, even if i didnt work for pc world i would still consider pc world to be my first thought in terms of purchasing a laptop/computer/pc accessories, alot of people think our prices are high but-would you rather pay x amount of money online and face the risk of not getting your goods then and there or not at all, better yet, not have someone talk to you about the benefits or disadvantages about the goods you would like to purchase helping you your desicion making alot more easier and pc world you get the opportunity to get that.