PC World

published 12/02/2011 | John_pinewood
Member since : 11/09/2009
Pro None
Cons Very incompetent salespeople, High prices

"Don't buy from these scammers..."

Went to PC world to get a laptop for use in another country. The reason for going to PC world rather than buying online was to get the VAT refund. (Online purchases aren't VAT refunded at airport apparently)

The sales people had no clue about how VAT refund works. Finally spoke to the manager who said that they did not have any VAT forms and you to get it from the airport. We bought the laptop based on his advice, and guess what.... airport VAT refund counter said that the shop should give you the form! So lost £150 because of the incompetent and lying manager.

I have read a lot of bad reviews by other people (wish I read them before I went). The trading standards institute ought to close these shops down! Wish someone would have the time and money to take these crooks to court.

• TheHairyGodmother published 14/02/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review to make it helpful from the point of view of a consumer looking at making a purchasing decision, If you update please leave a message in my guestbook and I will return to re-rate.