PGA Tour Perfect Touch Chipping Net

PGA Tour Perfect Touch Chipping Net

Review of "PGA Tour Perfect Touch Chipping Net"

published 13/10/2010 | DanielFullard
Member since : 21/04/2010
Please ignore the picture....I was drunk, very drunk!!!
Pro None but it is fun
Cons Doesnt improve chipping
Durabiltiy
Price

"Ineffective Aide to putting"

Being an avid golfer I have reviewed a large number of “practice” aids whilst on this site and have been rather negative about most of them. From driving nets to putting aids I have never really been able to find a product that can be used off course that aids my game on it thus my purchase of such products has gradually decline. However, one item I have bought lately was the PGA Perfect Touch Chipping Net and my findings have been mixed.

Chipping is one of the most fun and rewarding, as well as the most difficult, skills in the game and any help I can get the better. Too many times my chips have ended up barely making the green or skidding off to the other side. I decided to buy this net to help my control with the chipper and get some off course practice at this difficult skill.

The item itself is a well made, mainly plastic, device as pictured above. It comes with “tent pegs” to fix the product to the ground with and a pole to strengthen it when erect. It easily folds down making it very portable and easy to store. Its been durable so far and having used it a couple of times a week for nigh on 3 months I have had no issues. The netting and poling is still in tip top shape. It takes mere seconds to assemble each time and before you know it you will be chipping away.

The aim is simple, land your chip in the red circle at the centre of the net. You can make your own distances and drills and angles etc.

Does it work? I have found I am able to chip into the net with ease but have seen no results on the golf course. Of course the net does not allow for a key skill in the chipping process, controlling the speed of the ball into the run on. I don’t see how this product is of much use other than a bit of fun and getting used to swinging the chipper and perhaps a little bit of skill in judging power. Otherwise it is not ideal at all. At a tenner it may serve as a bit of fun to take out into the garden to pass time or as a bit of nifty competition with mates but at the end of the day if its improvements in chipping you are requiring more hours on the course are far better than this , even sticking a stick in the ground and chipping to it is a cheaper, more beneficial exercise.