Paladone Guitar Novelty Pen

Paladone Guitar Novelty Pen

Drawing/Painting

Review of "Paladone Guitar Novelty Pen"

published 29/06/2012 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Good
Pro A fun gift idea
Cons A bit scratchy to write with

"Novelty Idea for a Guitar Fan"

Paladone Guitar Novelty Pen with Sound Effect Button

With my son being guitar mad I decided to get this novelty pen for him as a stocking filler at Christmas. I actually found it by chance on EBay and it didn’t cost a lot. I have since seen them on Amazon for £4.15.

This funky little pen is 24cm in length and at its widest point 9cm it is a ballpoint pen with a little button on the side which plays guitar sound effects. It is a plastic pen which resembles that of a Fender electric guitar. It isn’t the sort of pen you would use if you were intending on doing a lot of writing. I bought it as a bit of fun as I knew my son would love it. It’s not the best made pen in the world, but it does work and the sound effects are quite good too, although the button to switch on the sound effects is a little awkward to switch on at first, unless that was just us doing something wrong.

What we think of the pen

My son loved the pen as soon as he opened it, I could tell he was impressed with it by the look on his face. He insisted on getting the sound effects working and had a mess around with it for a while. When he started to use the pen to write with he said it was okay but a little awkward to keep hold of comfortably. I realise he wouldn’t be using it for any lengthy piece of work that he may have to write down, so I wasn’t too bothered that he wouldn’t be able to use it religiously. It was only bought as a bit of fun anyway. I myself find it very difficult to write with, but it just looks good in my opinion and I’m happy I bought it, and it is only a novelty pen after all. After having had the pen for several months now, I can say that it does still work, both sound effects and to write with, but the novelty has worn off a bit.

Summing up the pen

So to sum up this Paladone Guitar Novelty Pen with Sound Effect Button, I’d say if you want a novelty gift for anyone who likes guitars then go for it. On the other hand if you want a pen that looks a little different to the norm that you are going to be able to keep on writing with, I’d say go for something else. Although the pen does indeed work, to me it doesn’t write as smoothly as I’d like. I wouldn’t recommend this pen for any serious writing.
Thank you for reading my review which may also appear on other sites.

• M.Newcastle published 30/06/2012
    what colour ink does this write in? x
  • dawnymarie published 30/06/2012
    Well reviewed x
  • JOHNV published 29/06/2012
    Sounds fun for us guitar nutters!