Paladone Happy Man Corkscrew

Paladone Happy Man Corkscrew

Utensils - Bottle Opener/Corkscrew

Review of "Paladone Happy Man Corkscrew"

published 20/10/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Works well, cheap, matches over items in the range.
Cons None.

"Will your happy man remove a cork with his tackle?"

The product

This is a corkscrew to remove corks from wine bottles. It is shiny red plastic and where it's willy should be there is a corkscrew coming out so it almost looks like he has a large twirly erection!

How to use this

All you need to do is line this up with your cork and apply some pressure while twisting. Once the corkscrew has gone in to the cork then you need to hold the bottle steady and pull the corkscrew out. A little strength is needed but this is a fun novelty item to use to open a bottle of wine effectively.
Where can I buy this & for how much?

This can be purchased from numerous stockists and mine came from Amazon and cost around £3.00. I only purchased this because I already had the bottle opener and bottle stopper and I have been quite pleased with the quality.

Overall opinion

I received a bottle stopper in this range from a friend and I also have the bottle opener and I waited a little while for the price to drop on this. I paid around £3.00, however, the price does fluctuate from time to time, like everything on Amazon!

This is an ample size to fit in my utensil drawer when not in use. Although the point of the corkscrew is naturally a little sharp so I try and put this at the back of the drawer where I won't get stabbed by the tip! The design of this is very funny, it's a real novelty item and though some people might consider this a little bit trashy I think it's funny and it definitely helps to break the ice when we have gatherings and this comes out.

I have found that this is fairly simple to use, well, compared to other similar designed corkscrews. Naturally a little bit of pressure is needed to ensure that the corkscrew turns properly and that the cork is then removed, however, I would expect that with this type of corkscrew. This works well and twists through the cork nicely, the length is long enough that the bottom of the cork is almost reached but usually not penetrated and I have not had a single failure when trying to remove a cork so far. This is a real novelty product and I'm happy with my purchase. It works, it looks funny, it matches the other items I already have and the price is usually quite reasonable.

If you are looking to purchase this 'happy man' then I would suggest adding it to your Amazon basket and checking back occasionally to see if the price has decreased anymore since your last visit. This is how I purchase a fair few items from Amazon and it's a great way to save yourself some money.

Summary: A fantastic corkscrew from Paladone.

• pgn0 published 20/10/2011
    Amazing what the application of a little pressure can achieve...
  • LadyValkyrie published 20/10/2011
    How rude, lol! The product not your review!
  • catsholiday published 20/10/2011