kiss_me20... 4

kiss_me2070

About me: Going to be saving up my ciao payments now to go towards Christmas and other things in the new year :-)

Member since:11.02.2004

Smoother, softer skin.

10.09.2012 (12.09.2012)

Advantages:
smells great, smoother/softer skin, scent stays on skin, easy to use

Disadvantages:
Apart from grains in your bath  .   .  nothing !

22 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. review_writer
  2. misswells
  3. brittle1906

About the Scrub
= = = = = = = =
The body scrub is made by Palmers whom are well known for making a large range of body care products containing Cocoa Butter. The body scrub contains a unique combination of Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Vitamin E and natural exfoliating ingredients that refine and polish to reveal brighter and smoother looking skin. The scrub has a rich and creamy texture provided by the pure cocoa and Shea butters which melt upon application. The natural crushed cocoa beans gently get rid of dry skin cells and polish your skin for a softer feel. This product is perfect to prepare and polish your skin before applying fake tan for an even radiant glow.

I used to use The Body Shop Cocoa Butter body scrub; how-ever at £12.50 this is quite expensive. I ran out of this product a few weeks ago and decided I needed to get another body scrub product as my skin is noticeably brighter and more radiant when using a scrub. I happened to be in my local Boots store when I saw this product so I thought I would give it a try.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = = =
I purchased a 200g tub of this from my local Boots store for £4.99 which I thought was a reasonable price. You can also purchase this from Superdrug and good supermarkets. Please note that prices may vary. This product can be found within the Palmers Cocoa Butter range in the skincare section where you will find body lotions and creams.

Packaging
= = = = = =
The Body Scrub comes in a large, round plastic tub which holds 200g of the product. The tub itself is made from strong clear plastic which enables you to see the product inside the tub. On the tub it has some information about the product, including how to use it. It also states that the product won stylist's skincare award in 2011. The lid to the tub is a white colour which looks slightly pearlescent. On the top of the lid is a picture of cocoa beans and it states that the product is a Body Scrub. It also states that it exfoliates, refines and polishes as well as moisturises and smoothes. To me this product does look like a body scrub due to the round tub that the product comes in as most lotions/creams tend to come in an upright bottle. The packaging stood out to me as a Palmers product due to the orange coloured Palmers logo on the top and the side of the tub.

Using the Product
= = = = = = = = = =
In a warm shower or bath, apply a generous amount of Body Scrub to damp skin. Massage in circular motions all over the body especially areas of very dry skin such as the knees, elbows and heels. Once you are satisfied simply rinse the product off thoroughly.

It's a good idea to loosen the lid to the tub before using it as it's quite hard to unscrew with wet hands. When you use the product for the first time there is a plastic tray type bit over the top of the scrub so this needs taking out as well. I threw this part away, how-ever you can probably keep it to put back on the top of the scrub after use. The first thing I noticed about the scrub was the colour of it. The main colour of the scrub was a very light beige colour and you could see the crushed cocoa beans as these appeared as dark brown grains within the actual scrub itself. The scrub looked slightly shiny/glossy and it has quite a light smell to it. It doesn't smell as strong as some cocoa butter body products I have used but it still smells nice. I dipped my fingers into the scrub and I was surprised at how thick and hard the scrub was. I really had to force my fingers into the scrub to enable me to get a good amount out. I then rubbed this in circular motions over my body concentrating on the elbows and knees. The scrub was easy to use and as I used circular motions the scrub spread out across my skin. The scrub felt quite smooth against my skin, even with the crushed cocoa beans. The smell of the product was quite strong and smelt very sweet. By the time I had finished using the product over my body the bathroom smelt very, very sweet. The scrub rinsed off easily when under the shower.

Results
= = = =
After rinsing the product off of my skin and patting my skin dry, I did notice that my skin felt smoother and softer than it had done previously. The smell of the scrub was very light on my skin and no-where near as strong as it was when I was using it in the shower. The scrub was moisturising and kind to my skin without causing any irritation to it. As long as you rinse the product off thoroughly there will be no traces of the product left on your skin. Although most of the smell of the product had gone it was nice that my skin still smelt of the scrub slightly.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = = =
I really liked using this scrub as it was gentle on my skin and didnít cause any irritation. The scrub was great at exfoliating and was also very good at moisturising too. In terms of value I donít think this is badly priced when compared to other brands and similar products. I would definitely buy this product again as itís easy to use and you donít need to use huge amounts of it to see/feel the results. I love the fact that product leaves a very light scent on the skin and isnít as strong as when using the product. I would recommend this product to others, especially if you like the Palmers Cocoa Butter Range. This product deserves at least 4 stars.

(review may also appear on dooyoo)

Pictures of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Scrub
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Scrub Palmers Cocoa Butter Scrub
Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Body Scrub

GodfatherOfSoul 10.09.2012 18:21

Looks a bit like a salad dressing to me...but then Body Scrubs aren't my area ;-)