kiss_me20... 4

kiss_me2070

About me: Writing as much as I can so I can save as much as I can!

Member since:11.02.2004

A gorgeous smelling shower milk.

23.06.2012

Advantages:
lovely smell, moisturising, left my skin feeling smooth, soft, clean and fresh .

Disadvantages:
Nothing !

35 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. RICHADA
  3. Amazingwoo

I was on Holiday and needed a product for washing myself when in the shower. I normally used Sanex; how-ever I find this bottle can be a little too big and chunky so I opted for a different brand of product which came in a smaller bottle. The product I chose was part of the Palmolive Naturals range and stated on the front of the bottle that it was Nourishing Delight, this sounded great as I often suffer from dry skin and as the product contained honey and moisturising milk I didnít think this would dry my skin out like some other products do. The product states to gently cleanse your skin and protect it from dryness, leaving your skin smooth and soft. The product also claims to leave a lovely scent of honey and milk on your skin.

~ PRICE/AVALIABILITY~
Please note that the following prices have been taken from www.boots.com
250ml bottle of shower cream - £1.59
500ml bottle of shower cream - £2.09
300ml pump bottle of Hand wash - £1.75
You can also purchase these items from other places such as Superdrug, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda and other local supermarkets/shops. Please note that prices may vary during different times of the year.

~ PACKAGING ~
The shower milk comes in a long but rounded style bottle which is white in colour with a golden yellow coloured lid. On the front of the bottle it states that the product is part of the Palmolive Naturals range with honey and moisturising milk. On the back of the bottle is gives you a list of ingredients and contact numbers should you wish to contact them with any problems or complaints. The information on the back of the bottle is printed in 4 different languages including English. The packaging is very simple, how-ever due to the large print on the front of the packaging itís very clear that this product is made by Palmolive. All the different types of shower creams in the Palmolive range come in the same shaped bottle but with different coloured lids, depending on what ingredients the product contains.

~ USING THE PRODUCT ~
I flipped the lid open and squeezed a small amount of the shower milk onto a body puff. The shower milk was quite runny and was a very pale yellow colour. I smelt the product before using it and it smelt very pleasant and had a lovely sweet smell to it. I rubbed the body puff against my wet skin and this helped to create a little lather. I continued to rub the puff over my body creating more lather as the shower cream rubbed against my wet skin. The lather felt really soft against my skin and it wasnít long before the bathroom was filled with a lovely sweet smell of the product. As the shower milk lathered up it felt as though it was really cleansing my skin and giving it a good clean. The lather and small bubbles were really soft and felt moisturising against my skin. After having a good wash I stood back under the shower to rinse off. The bubbles rinsed off very easily, leaving my skin feeling really clean. After showing I patted my skin dry and then felt it to see how much of a difference the shower milk had made. My skin felt really soft and smooth and it felt nourished. I could still smell the product on my skin slightly which smelt really nice and made me feel clean and fresh. I suffer from dry skin a lot and this was kind even to my skin and especially on the shoulders where I always seem to get dry patches. I canít comment on how long the smell of the product stays on your skin as I always apply a body butter or moisturiser twice a day to keep my skin hydrated and from going dry.

~ OVERALL OPINION ~
In terms of value for money, I think this is good value and is fantastic when itís on offer. I find that you only need to use a little of the product in order to get a nice lather in which you can spread over your body to wash with. The smell of the product is lovely and although it smells sweet it doesnít smell sickly and left me feeling fresh and clean. The shower milk lives up to its claims of nourishing skin and helping to keep it moisturised. After using the product I have decided that I would definitely purchase it again as the smell of the product is gorgeous and it didnít dry out my skin or leave it feeling irritated. As this product was so good and lived up to its claims it would also tempt me to try other products in this range. I give this product 4 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to others to use.

(review also on dooyoo)

VampirePrincessLizzy 24.06.2012 21:59

I like this one :)

angelboouk123 23.06.2012 23:24

I fancy trying this one x