Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Baby Wipe

Review of "Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes"

published 24/09/2002 | Angelclo
Member since : 04/09/2002
Pro Kids will love them
Cons Your wallet will hate them
Dispenser

"He KanDoo it himself"

I am the first to admit that I am an advertiser's dream! No, I'm not some gorgeous model. I am a self-confessed mug for new gimics. A few years ago when Pledge brought out a wash for wooden floors I bought it-and I didn't have wooden floors at the time. I was suckered by the advertising.

Okay, I'm not so bad now but when Pampers recently brought out their new KanDoo wipes, I was first in the queue to pick some up.

To be honest, I did have a valid reason for buying them. My four year old is a typical male. He takes a book into the bathroom when he needs to go and can spend up to 20 minutes sitting on the loo with no sound other than the occasional grunt. The respite from his incessant chatter is great but this habit of his was costingme a small fortune in toilet tissue. Why? Because when he'd finish his book he would play with the loo roll, unravelling it until it fell off the cardboard holder. Then, in a momentary rush of guilt he'd flush the whole lot to get rid of the evidence.

So after months of blocked toilets and numerous numbers of rolls, I was quite excited to see this latest product from Pampers.

And now for the basics.

Cost
£2.79 for one box. No doubt there will be refills available in the not too distant future but I haven't seen any yet. The box contains 60 wipes, compared to the 72 you would find in a normal box of baby wipes, for the same price. I decided the reduced number of wipes was probably worth the money if it saved on all those toilet rolls.

Aesthetics
A real kid attraction. The box is about half the size of a normal babywipes box and coloured in lime green and purple. Sounds pretty gross but apparently it's 'cool'. There is also a small green button that you press to pop open the lid for single-handed extraction of wipes.

The picture on the front of the box of the little frog (I think that's what it is) is a bit graphic in detail (he's wiping his bum) but the kids are totally unfazed by it (as kids are).

Ingredients
Just so you know what's in them (in case of allergies and stuff).
Aqua, Dimethicone, Propylene, Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polysorbate 20.

The product
I was a bit shocked (and feeling a little bit conned) when I first opened the box as the wipes are actually about half the size of a baby wipe. However, they do smell divine (a bit like melons) and they are very good at cleaning those little bums.

The best bit about these wipes (and the reason they are worth buying over and above baby wipes) is that they are 100% flushable (unlike previously mentioned baby wipes).There is a warning on the box suggesting that no more than 5 wipes are flushed at once.

Of course, toilet tissue is much cheaper and just as easy but the reason I will be buying these again lies with my four year old. He uses 2 wipes and he's done. He loves the design and the ease of use for his little hands. And my toilet paper stays firmly (and forgotten) on the roll.

So, initial outlay seems a bit pricey. But if you've got a child like mine (or an andrex puppy) then these wipes, although more expensive, can save you a fortune.

Thanks for reading.

• carolscotland published 28/10/2002
    I have found refil packs on special ofer at £1.99 in Boots. I am not too keen o nthe colour of the box myself. They are very useful for even the older (6years) child who finds it difficult getting her bottom clean without using sheets and sheets of loo roll. She is told to only use a maximum of 4 wipes. (Then if she uses 1 more it won't be disasterous!). Carol :)
  • chachaqueen published 25/09/2002
    I wish they had had these when my son was potty training. I am sure he would not have some of the bad habits he has now!! Tanya
  • Connoisseur_Haggler1 published 25/09/2002
    Really useful opinion and good they are flushable too! I think I may well be needing some of these in the future..I have a naughty 7 week old baby boy by the time he is upto potty and toilet routines wipe inventions such as these must be a godsend! (-at the moment I am simply using pure water and cotton wool!)- cheers, CH

Product Information : Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Baby Wipe

Long Name: Kandoo Melon Wipes, KanDoo Toilet Wipes, Kandoo Magic Melon Wipes Refill, Kandoo Sensitive Toilet Wipes Refill, Kandoo Sensitive Wipes Refill

EAN: 4015400192541; 4015400192787, 4015400192381, 4015400212539, 4015400228493

Angelclo

Member since:04.09.2002

He KanDoo it himself

24.09.2002

Advantages:
Kids will love them

Disadvantages:
Your wallet will hate them

Dispenser

And now for the basics.

Cost

Aesthetics

Ingredients
Just so you know what's in them (in case of allergies and stuff).

The product

Thanks for reading.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviews content

carolscotland 28.10.2002 00:07

I have found refil packs on special ofer at 1.99 in Boots. I am not too keen o nthe colour of the box myself. They are very useful for even the older (6years) child who finds it difficult getting her bottom clean without using sheets and sheets of loo roll. She is told to only use a maximum of 4 wipes. (Then if she uses 1 more it won't be disasterous!). Carol :)

chachaqueen 25.09.2002 13:20