Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Baby Wipe

Review of "Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes"

published 07/10/2005 | Shortsharpshock
Member since : 08/03/2005
Satisfactory
Pro Box is well designed and serves purpose.
Cons Wipes stink, dry out and are too flimsy. Horrendously expensive.
Dispenser

"Kandoo can't do poo!"

Kandoo toilet wipes are such a gimmick. From the moment the annoying advert with annoying child claiming, "I can do it too with Kandoo" arrived onto our screens I refused to give into the cutesy irritating frog and its hype. However, when a website offers you a freebie only a fool would say no and contrary to popular belief I am no fool so we received free wipes with dispenser and decided to let our two year old give them a go.

Now the moment my daughter saw the predominantly purple box with lime green lid she was immediately sold. Add to this the annoyingly cute green frog emblazoned across the box wiping its behind and throwing it down the toilet and she was desperate to use them regardless of whether she needed the toilet or not. This is both the main advantage and disadvantage of this product for us. My daughter thinks the box is great and treats it like a toy especially since there is a large push button spring up lid that flips up like a jack-in-the-box to reveal the wipes beneath. The button is sensitive enough for even the smallest of hands but large enough for a button basher too. My daughter also likes the fact it has a picture of the frogs hand on it.

Extracting a wipe from the dispenser is very easy and in this respect is an improvement over other packet baby wipes. Due to the boxes weight and firm base my daughter can give it a gentle tug and one wipe comes cleanly away with no risk of dropping them off the shelf/table etc. Unfortunately the wipes themselves are rather unimpressive. Measuring only two inches wide and three or four inches long they are hardly enough for the single wipe and throwaway that is portrayed on the advert. One wipe is for a number one but what about a number two? We have found that our child has to use at least two or three of these that would have been sorted by only one baby wipe. This is largely due to the wipes smooth, frictionless surface. This should in effect make it kinder to my daughters bottom but unfortunately the need for her to use more than one wipe negates this. Perhaps, in Pampers attempts to make Kandoo toilet wipes, "Your little one's first toilet tissue" they should have remembered to incorporate some of the things that make their baby wipes so effective i.e. ridges and thickness. As it is the wipes are flimsy, non-absorbent and too small.

The wipes themselves are also not exactly kind to my daughter's bottom I presume due a rather large amount of additional fragrancing. The smell is vaguely fruity but very cloying and sickly and testing a wipe on my own skin they certainly do not moisten but in fact dry out the skin. My daughter does not complain of any stinging or irritation but I have noticed a definite dryness to her bottom that was not evident when she was using pamper baby wipes or even toilet tissue alone. The box makes no claims at being sensitive or alcohol free either. As such these wipes are also at other functions. After all would you wipe your daughters face or hands with these?

After you or your daughter has used the wipe the box clearly shows the frog throwing them down the toilet. To me these wipes do not seem bio- degradable but there is nothing on the box to say otherwise. My personal view is that a bin would be better although the wipes do flush happily down the toilet I hate to think what the chemicals contained within are doing to the water.

On finishing the box of, rather meagre sixty wipes a visit to the supermarket for refills was necessary. This is were this product really went downhill for me as it went from a gimmicky, ineffective wipe to an extortionate marketing ploy as the refills cost a ridiculous £4.27 for 120. This is particularly disappointing considering I have since found that the tub and wipes are only £2.94!

All in all I do not like this product although my daughter unfortunately loves it if only for the box and frog. As a result we now buy a Morrison's variation on the Kandoo refillables and put them in the box instead. They are more effective, cheaper and kinder to my daughters bottom. Of course if we could fit toilet paper into it then all the better but Kandoo are cannier than that. I cannot recommend this product although bizarrely if you could just buy the dispenser I would happily recommend that. As such some may want to buy this as a one of purchase and then do as we do buy the cheaper, shops own refillables. In short, Kandoo cannot.

Price comparison:

Kandoo box+ 60 wipes £2.94
Refillables: £4.27 for 120
Toilet roll: 4 for £1
Baby wipes: 80 fragrance free wipes £1.24 at Asda

This review was read 1941 times and was rated at

• docpov published 20/01/2007
    They are so expensive for what they are, we used lidle cien brand, they did a much better job for a lot less pennies
  • Spiderkid published 11/10/2005
    Boy your daughter's gonna love for this review when she's 16..... Tom
  • eldergill published 10/10/2005
    What's wrong with old newspaper?

Product Information : Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes

Baby Wipe

Long Name: Kandoo Melon Wipes, KanDoo Toilet Wipes, Kandoo Magic Melon Wipes Refill, Kandoo Sensitive Toilet Wipes Refill, Kandoo Sensitive Wipes Refill

EAN: 4015400192541; 4015400192787, 4015400192381, 4015400212539, 4015400228493

Manufacturer: Pampers

Type: Baby Wipe

Listed on Ciao since: 27/05/2010

Pampers Kandoo Melon Wipes - Review - Kandoo can't do poo!

Shortshar... 2

Shortsharpshock

Member since:08.03.2005

Kandoo can't do poo!

07.10.2005

Advantages:
Box is well designed and serves purpose .

Disadvantages:
Wipes stink, dry out and are too flimsy .   Horrendously expensive .

Recommendable No:

1. docpov
  2. Rebeccs
  3. Redbitch
  1. Martinscholes

On finishing the box of, rather meagre sixty wipes a visit to the supermarket for refills was necessary. This is were this product really went downhill for me as it went from a gimmicky, ineffective wipe to an extortionate marketing ploy as the refills cost a ridiculous 4.27 for 120. This is particularly disappointing considering I have since found that the tub and wipes are only 2.94!

Price comparison:

Kandoo box+ 60 wipes 2.94
Refillables: 4.27 for 120
Toilet roll: 4 for 1
Baby wipes: 80 fragrance free wipes 1.24 at Asda

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviews content

docpov 20.01.2007 17:05

Spiderkid 11.10.2005 17:12

Boy your daughter's gonna love for this review when she's 16..... Tom

eldergill 10.10.2005 16:20

What's wrong with old newspaper?