Panasonic KX-TG6521

Panasonic KX-TG6521

with Hands Free - with Caller ID - with Loudspeakers - without SMS Function

Review of "Panasonic KX-TG6521"

published 16/04/2012 | hanmillie
Member since : 15/02/2012
I'm sorry to say that I have been away from Ciao for a while. Blame the stress of moving into a new house oh, and recently finding out I am pregnant with baby number 2. Thanks for all the reads and rates, I will do my best to return a rate! xx
Pro Number of Features, Caller ID, Ring Tone Variety, LCD Screen
Cons Slightly pricey
Reception & Clarity of speech
Range of reception
What is the durability of this product?
Range of features
Reliability

"Panasonic KX-TG6521 - Reliable, Functional and Stylish"

I am not an avid follower of the latest technology and therefore when I buy a new electronic item I want it to do two things, firstly be functional and easy to use and secondly fit into my home and look in keeping with the rest of my things. My husband and I bought this phone when moving house recently. We wanted a phone which was cordless and had a built in answer machine which therefore could be used all around our house but also fitted into a small alcove by our television without being too large or bulky. We have a number of Panasonic items and trust them for both their quality and design, therefore this phone looked to be the perfect solution.

The Phone

The Panasonic KX-TG6521 is designed as a sleek and modern black single phone which fits snugly into a similarly black answer machine base. The base itself is quite solid and serves not only to prop the phone in an upright position but also as an answering machine with a number of buttons for playing and pausing messages. The phone itself is cordless and very lightweight with a good sized 2 inch LCD screen which glows whilst the phone is plugged in. The phone has a number of lit buttons which are not only for the number dial but also to scroll through the various options on the screen. This phone itself features a number of qualities that were desirable to us. These include the following:
  • Low Battery Indicator
  • Call Screening
  • Caller ID
  • Last number redial
  • Alarm
  • Speaker and ring volume control
  • Hands free
  • Alarm
  • Up to 13 hours of talk time
  • 50m indoor and 300m outdoor range
  • Up to 40 minutes recording time on answer machine

By far the biggest factor for us when buying this phone was the caller ID; this allows you to see who is calling you every time the phone rings and therefore you can screen numbers that are not recognised or cold calls without having to pick up the hand piece.

Usage

Upon buying this phone, which comes neatly packaged in a small box, it is very easy to set up. The base of the phone requires plugging into a nearby mains socket which then charges the base of the phone. The data cable can also be neatly slotted into the wall to allow the connection. Upon charging the phone as you would with a mobile phone, it is then ready to personalise. This happens by simply scrolling down on the screen to find the address books option. You then have the choice to add contacts to the memory rather like you would with a mobile phone. Once these numbers have been added the phone instantly recognises when these calls come in. This phone can store 200 numbers the capacity of which is more than enough for the average person.

This phone also comes with a variety of ring tones and volume control. The ring tones can be selected via the handset feature and the tones played before making your selection. We have chosen the standard loud bell ring which is rather loud and can be heard out in the garden. The base of the phone also allows for you to pre-record your answer phone message by simply pressing the record button and recording your message; perfect for all those cheesy family messages.

Whilst we do not use our land line a great deal, tending to use our mobiles, this phone does have up to 13 hours of talk time and thus the battery life is incredibly good for those long winded conversations. The phone can also be used up to 50m away from the base indoors which is easily enough for the standard home.

Being aware of our electrical consumption, you can hardly miss it with the cost of energy bills, this phone is also very good as it is a low energy user.

Price

Whilst this phone is slightly more expensive than others on the market we felt this was justified given the features of the phone and the fact that it was a trusted brand Panasonic. This phone can be purchased in Argos for £54.95 or more cheaply from Amazon for £44.99 with super saver delivery.

My Experience

I have found this phone to be good on a number of levels, it has a built in answer machine which is easy to set up and listen to by simply pressing the large play button. It has caller ID which is a big plus and in addition it looks modern and stylish with its' sleek black handset and base. We have had ours for a year now and it has served us perfectly, the signal is always clear and the battery life has never run out on us. Therefore I have scored this phone 5 stars for reliability, design, and ease of use.

Thank-you for taking the time to read my review.

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under the same user name.

• JasonJRogers published 16/04/2012