Review of "Panasonic RP-HT225E-K"

published 17/03/2012 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Pro Good sound quality and a great price
Cons Wire maybe a little too long
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"Well Worth the Money"

Panasonic RP-HT225E-K

Panasonic RP-HT225E-K

Panasonic RP - HT 225 headphones

Christmas just gone seems to have been my time for replacing headphones and earphones. Now although these Panasonic RP- HT 225 headphones are not primarily for my use as I rarely use the main desktop computer and that was the reason I purchased them because both my husband and my son use headphones religiously when using the computer. I have however tried them out from time and time and watched several films on the computer using them so in doing this I have decided to review them.

The previous headphones we had, we had used for years and they were excellent, cordless and never let us down but alas they eventually lost the will to live and so had to be replaced. Now the idea of cordless was good but they needed to be plugged into the mains in order to work and this was a pain, not only taking up a plug socket with its bulky adapter like plug but there seemed to be wires all over the place as well. So what was the point, we didn’t really need cordless anyway. So this time I went with corded headphones and so far have no regrets.

The Panasonic RP-HT 225 headphones are very comfortable to wear, all three of us have commented on how snug they fit and of course all our heads are different sizes, so this shows that these headphones will and do adjust to fit nicely. They have cushioned ear pods for extra comfort and fit over all our ears very comfortably. They have an adjustable plastic headband that holds the ear pods in place, the ear pods can be tilted in order to fit snugly on our heads. Situated about a metre or so down where the left and right headphone wires meet there is a volume adjuster then the two wires become one very generous 3 metre wire to which holds the part that plugs into our speakers. A little longer than the usual 2 metre wire that most headphones have got. This gives a bit more freedom to move around, but then on the other hand it does tend to get in the way sometimes being so long.

But all in all I am pleased with them. I wasn’t expecting the world for £11.35 anyway. After saying that though I am pleasantly surprised with the performance of these headphones, sound quality is very good, very crisp and clear. Personally I couldn’t hear any outside noise whilst wearing them and for those not wearing the headphones its good news as well, as nothing can be heard by anyone but the user while the user is wearing them. For saying they were quite cheap, they don’t look cheap, in fact they look a lot more expensive than they were, they are a dark grey colour with black ear pods. If I didn’t know better I would have guessed them to be double what they cost if not more.

If you are after a nice comfortable set of headphones I can highly recommend these Panasonic RP - HT 225 headphones. They are well worth the money and I believe that this time I got a little bit more than I paid for from Argos and I’m really pleased about that. They look good, sound good, are comfortable and were cheap, reserved online and picked up the same day from our local Argos store for just £11.35 what more could you ask for from a set of headphones?

Thank you for reading my review which may be posted on other sites.

• Coloneljohn published 29/03/2012
    These do sound good. John
  • ryanando published 19/03/2012
    SSound good though headphones tend to irritate my piercing :-(
  • dawnymarie published 18/03/2012