Panasonic TX32PB50

Panasonic TX32PB50

Review of "Panasonic TX32PB50"

published 14/07/2003 | Traceyfj12
Member since : 06/06/2003
Pro Good sound and picture
Cons Stand isn't pretty (if you get one)

"A good example of a mid range flatscreen tv"

Recently my television broke, well, it was probably repairable but it was a good excuse to go out and buy a new one. My husband had been going on and on about buying a flatscreen large tv for ages so I think he willed the other tv dead!!

We decided to buy from Curry's as we didn't have the money to buy one outright and Curry's were offering a buy now pay in 1 year. You would not believe how technical it can be when buying anything other than an ordinary, run-of-the-mill television.

We went for a Sharp 32" television which we thought looked really sexy! We picked it up and took it home (big telly's - very heavy!!!) After a couple of days we noticed there seemed to be a fault with the picture, it was distorting quite badly across both sides and making straight lines in programs/films into wiggly bent ones! We found out that this all has to do with the "geometrics" and it shouldn't happen but with some wide/flatscreen tv's this does happen. We took the tv back and started looking again!

We had been advised that if we were going to purchase a Flatscreen tv of 32" or more then to go for one with 100HZ flicker free technology as this reduces the amount of flickering apparent with a larger tv.
We opted for the Panasonic TX32PB50 because it had so many little extras.

It had:
100HZ Super Digital Scan
Advanced progressive scan
Dolby Digital Surround Sound (with 3 speakers)
Teletext
and Also multiwindow which includes
PIP - Picture in picture - allows you to watch one channel whilst a silent picture of another channel in the corner so you can see what's on or watch two channels at one time switching between channels on the sound!
PAT - Picture and text - Half picture half teletext
PAP - Picture and picture - Half one channel Half another channel.

This television has an array of things to have fun with and they all seem to work well. We have had no problems with picture "geometrics" problems everything is nice and straight. There are no blurring problems etc that can be related to large flatscreen tv's. The surround sound is great, especially when you have the speakers set up behind you to give you the full cinema affect. Many a time I have looked around me thinking i've heard something and it was on the telly!

Well, so far I would say that this television is well worth it. We paid £750 for it as they are apparently being phased out for new models coming in. I know their retail price is about £12-1400 depending on where you get it from, we bought ours as a display model so it was cheaper. I have seen these particular models advertised on the internet for around £800 so shop around, don't pay the high price!

• Traceyfj12 published 14/07/2003
    In reply to Collingwood21, I would say, yes, it is a lot of money to spend out on a TV and I am praying it lasts me a while or I won't be so impressed! It is a good telly and it seems the more you spend the more gadgety things you get and I do spend quite a lot of time in front of the TV. I wouldn't have paid the going price for this television as I do believe that is a silly price!
  • Collingwood21 published 14/07/2003
    It sounds very impressive, but it is still an awful lot of money to pay for a TV! Have you found it to be worth that level of expense so far?
  • purebitch published 14/07/2003
    Nice op. You did well to get it for that price...Georgina

Product Information : Panasonic TX32PB50

The name Panasonic is synonymous with innovation, quality, performance and ease of use. It looks forward to a bright and shining technological future, and to playing a leading role in the digitally networked society, propelled by the creativity and dedication of its employees all around the world. TX-28PB50 is a state-of-the-art 100Hz widescreen television. It combines a nifty design and a high functionality with the comfort you need. TX-28PB50 features 76cmV Quintrix flat tube, 16: 9 widescreen format, AFB Dome speaker system, and more.

Manufacturer: Panasonic