sallyn1 1

sallyn1

Member since:16.10.2006

May the farce be with you

06.04.2007

Advantages:
Well  -  their vans are a nice colour

Disadvantages:
you don't actually get your parcel

Recommendable No:

5 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. warandpeace
  2. HotBabes
  3. christianfilmcritic

At last - a chance to vent my feelings about Parcelforce.

I think most people know that Parcelforce is basically the parcel delivery arm of the Royal Mail. The aim of the company is that someone posts a large item to you, and they deliver it.

Well - not if you live where I do.

The first problem I have with parcelforce is that one particular driver taps very quietly on my door, and then sticks a card through the letterbox before driving away. The only way I knew he was outside the one time, is because I happened to glace through the window and saw him walk away. I have told him to knock louder, but he still doesn't - apparently some customers object to hearing him at the door! He is preferable to the other drivers.

I run a business from home, and some of the items I order are quite large. Not heavy - but large. Before Christmas I ordered some essential supplies, in plenty of time so they wouldn't get held up in the Christmas rush. It's April - I still haven't had them. The items went out on 48 hour delivery, and I arranged a Viking delivery for the same day, so I made sure I was at home.

I rang the company I'd ordered from after about a week. They checked their computer system, and according to Parcelforce they had tried to deliver twice, but I was out, so they had left me a card, and taken the item to the Post Office.

I had been home all day, and as I work from home, I am here most of the time other days, and I know they had not attempted to deliver. I certainly had not been left a card. This card is suposed to enable you to get your items from the Post Office - If I don't have a card, how can I get them. Furthermore, I'm only little and while this item isn't heavy, it's a bit too big for me to go humping through the middle of town to my car.

The company I had ordered from e mailed Parcelforce to rearrange the delivery. This didn't happen, so they tried again. It still didn't happen. I eventually found out that you can't request a redelivery by e mail. Nice of parcelforce to go back to the company and tell them - or rather it would have been.

Meanwhile I phoned Parcelforce - boy do they need some lessons in good manners. The girl I spoke to was quite snooty, When I said I couldn't physically carry the item from the post Office she started to tell me that heavy items shouldn't be sent. (If it was that heavy then it wouldn't have been accepted). I then stopped her, and said it's not heavy, just bulky. I asked why it had been taken to the post Office when I had not requested this. She told me it's standard procedure if you're out, and if I wanted a redelivery, then I need to phone the number on the card I'd been left. I told her I would have done this, but I hadn't been left a card. She told me point blank, that all drivers leave cards. Everything is barcoded, so they have to! When I repeated that I had not been left a card, and what's more I had been in all day, she got even stroppier. Eventually she agreed to contact the driver to see what had happened. Yes - I really think she'd have done that, and of course he's going to say he tried and I was out.

The idea of taking parcels to the Post Office if you ask them to is a good one. Unfortunately, their drivers abuse this. I know I was at home all day, and I know they did not attempt to deliver. The driver had simply taken the item to the post office without attempting to deliver. If he had tried to deliver, I would have been left a card.

Unfortunately I can't prove this, and Parcelforce obviously don't take customer complaints very seriously.

This has happened before with Parcelforce,and I now try to get companies to use an alternative delivery company where they can. I was once lucky enough to be left a card, and the promised redelivery for Monday (2 days), turned up 10 days later!

Companies use Parcelforce because they are cheaper than other delivery companies. Unfortunately you get what you pay for. They are inefficient, and they just don't care if you have a problem.

On the other side of the coin - my undelivered parcel was returned to sender 2 months later!

sallyn1 06.04.2007 21:44

What a good idea :))

Stew52 06.04.2007 15:09

I'd put a sign out front: "To Parcelforce Man: Knock Louder you dick! Thank you." Although i'd like to nominate City Link (or "sh*tty link) as the worst of all delivery companies -Stew