Parceline

Parceline

Review of "Parceline"

published 05/05/2007 | haymark
Member since : 05/05/2007
Pro Tracking, you can see how bad they are.
Cons Slow, Poor systems, Lack of customer service, when things go wrong.
Speed of delivery
Reliability of company
Competitiveness of charges/prices
Customer service

"Not so sorry we missed you."

I buy a modest quantity of goods online. In the last six months four of these transactions have involved Parceline.
Only on one of these occasions has Parceline managed to deliver the goods without problem.
Of the other deliveries, one went missing altogether, never to be seen again. On the other two occasions "Sorry We Missed You" cards were posted through the door, despite, there being someone in the house. (Yes, my doorbell does work!)
One of the cards was screwed up tightly and only popped through the letterbox, when pushed through by other mail the next morning.
As I needed the last item quickly, I attempted to contact Parceline to either get the item redelivered, or for me to collect it.
They "tried" to deliver the item on a Friday, but as previously mentioned I did not get the card until Saturday. They charge to get items redelivered on a Saturday (a nice payoff for incompetency)
I entered the details from the card onto a form on their website, but got a message that stated that I could not arrange collection over the Internet, and that I should phone an 0871 number, which I did. The phone line was an automated system with only two options:

1. Arrange Standard Redelivery - 8:30-18:00 Monday to Friday, free, but you have to wait around all day.

2. Premium Redelivery - You pay them an extra £5-10 + VAT to redeliver the item that you have already payed them to deliver, and that they so incompetently managed not to deliver the first time. For this extra charge, however, they will deliver on a Saturday morning or you can specify AM or PM delivery.

Despite being directed to phone the number from the website when I was trying to arrange to collect the item, there was not an option to arrange this, or indeed, to speak with a human being.

It does not suprise me that that, to date, there have been only three good reviews for this company on this site (including two from people, that admit to having worked for the company)

• audirob published 07/05/2007
    Unfair review based purley on the incompitance of one driver, My exp with this company is fantastic. And you failed to comment if the lost parcel was replaced.

Product Information : Parceline