Parceline

Reliability of company
Competitiveness of charges/prices
Customer service

"Infuriatingly Incompetent"

In my experience parceline have been overwhelmingly incompetent. Most recently I opted for their next day delivery service, but it is now 7 days later and I have nothing. It all began when the parcel was apparently delivered to my address, but no calling card was left, meaning I had to contact the business to get the tracking number. I then arranged for it to be re-delivered, giving them the code needed to gain entry to my block of flats and a mobile number to call in case of any problems. The next day came and yet again no package, calling card, or phone call. This to me seems like incompetence and laziness as the delivery driver seems to have done bugger all to deliver my parcel. After this I was a little annoyed, but thought I could get it redelivered on Saturday. This was however out of the question, as I am a penniless student and could not afford the extortionate rates they charge for this service. I then opted to change my delivery address, as I was going back for the Easter break and thought they might be competent enough to deliver to a house rather than a seemingly baffling block of flats. A few days passed and still nothing, so I decided to call parcel line to see how my parcel was doing. It then appeared that parceline had no idea of my change of delivery address and had not even made any more attempts to deliver it to my previous address. All this despite the business I bought the item from informing parceline of the new address. In short, next day delivery has turned into a week, which is essentially slower than sending it second class. All in all I would urge people to steer well clear of parceline as they don't know their arse from their elbow and appear to be a bunch of lazy half wits.

*Update*
I now finally have my parcel, albeit over a week since ordering it for next day delivery. The reason why it was not delivered to my block of flats was because the code to gain entry and mobile number had been covered up and sealed in plastic. This appears to be more the fault of those in the depot, rather than the drivers themselves. All in all it was a pretty shabby service, but it can't be down to individuals at parcelforce, just blame the company as a whole!

• BabyBirdx published 15/04/2008
    Great review!
  • martinwi published 02/04/2008
    A very helpful review. Shows a very good example of incompetience and how NOT to do it. Martin.
  • JeffFromPoole published 30/03/2008
    When parceline mess up they do it properly

Product Information : Parceline