Paul Smith London Eau de Parfum for Her

Paul Smith London Eau de Parfum for Her

Review of "Paul Smith London Eau de Parfum for Her"

published 17/12/2010 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Perfection in a bottle!
Cons Gets used up to quickly if you fall in love with it
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Truely sensual, seductive and chic"

When I look for new fragrances I'm instantly attracted to glitzy celebrity advertising and cute bottles and packaging. Brand names are also important to me. I only own a few 'cheaper' fragrances like Cote L'aimant and, Lee Stafford (yes he's got a new fragrance) and so...? Sinful and that's because they are firm favourites when I was growing up (apart from lee Stafford of course!).

Now I know nothing about Paul Smith apart from that fact that he's a fashion designer and I think of him and men's clothing in the main so who is the guy behind the fragrance?

Paul Smith....

Well he's Sir Paul Smith if you please and he was born in Nottingham in 1946 and I was right his expertise is with men's fashion hence the knighthood. He's been designing for almost 30 years. He is credited with actually introducing trends such as boxer shorts and the filo fax! He started off his career in menswear in a large store as a manager, then a fashion buyer for a store in London and then opened his first shop in 1970 in Nottingham. He was the first fashion 'brand' to open in Covent Garden (London) in 1979. He now possesses 14 stores in the Uk and he's most successful in Japan where he has over 200 stores and outlets.

His style is described as Savile row meets Mr Bean and not only has his business expanded he now does design women's clothing, fragrances, shoes, watches, accessories, pens and furniture. He really is a jack of all trades this guy!

The Perfume.. Paul Smith Woman....

Well it's a dark burgundy glass bottle with screw on/off lid. The shape is hard to describe. It's round based and flutes up tall and thin. On the front of the bottle it has white writing on the front telling me that it is Paul Smith, London. Nice interesting modern bottle! This fragrance was introduced in 2004.

How The Fragrance is described....

Paul Smith London is a soft, sultry, and voluptuous fragrance. Luscious lime and the naturally bitter note of neroli. Lilac leaf, jasmine, heliotrope, aniseed, and vanilla all soften the bouquet. Fresh seringa maintains a modern zappy-happiness. Amber deepens the base notes, woven through with green woodsy accents. In a cute, curvy apothecary bottle of crushed-cranberry colored glass.

My Verdict....

Well my fragrance doesn't have a sprayer so it is dispensed via a small hole at the top of my bottle (of course!). Now this is a bit of a complaint cos I get it all over my hands when I want to use it! That's the only complaint I have though!

The fragrance itself is warm, rich and deep and does have a really modern edge with a classy undertone to it. Although warm, rich and full of body still has a real softness about it and isn't harsh at all even though neroli is present..

So at first sniff and if you take no notice this perfume would be described as floral and you could leave it at that. However take a deep inhalation and you can smell quite a bit of jasmine and the soft hint of vanilla and although floral there's a woody smell to it. I can't smell some of the ingredients that are listed such as aniseed and lime etc but I have no doubt they are in this concoction as it really is a very well blended fragrance.

It is heavy and to me it's a night time fragrance really. Once applied lasts hours upon hours. If I put this on in the morning I can still slightly smell it at 3am and it still smells faint and fresh.

Perfect for any woman of any age that likes strong in your face sweet perfumes. This really isn't for the faint hearted!

Sexy, seductive, sophisticated, girly and totally yummy. Everything about it is just lovely and bang on!

This is sold in Boot's....

30ml £28.00.

50ml £35.00

This perfume is only available in Eau De Parfum.

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• xxfoxyredxx published 06/01/2011
    Thank you all x I never said bang on did I Nova wow I must have got carried away lolx
  • catsholiday published 18/12/2010
    This sounds lovely
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 18/12/2010
    I haven't tried it before, sounds great

offers "Paul Smith London Eau de Parfum for Her"