Footwear - Sandals

Review of "Peacocks Corsage Trim Toe Post Sandal"

published 01/05/2015 | angelboouk123
Member since : 01/06/2010
Busy working Mum to two boys and married to the love of my life <3
Pro Pretty, comfy for short periods, ideal for holidays, price
Cons Take a bit of getting used to
Design/Style

"Holiday sandals.."

Corsage Toe Post Sandals

Today I will be discussing my experience of these toe post sandals which can be purchased from Peacocks and www.peacocks.co.uk at a cost of £7 a pair.

These sandals are available in black or white. They are available in ladies sizes 3-8. These sandals feature a rubber, woven sole with a toe post design. There is a corsage flower covering most of the toe post. These sandals are promoted as being ideal for wearing around the pool whilst on holiday.

My Thoughts

I bought these during a promotion sale in my local Peacocks store and had intended on keeping them by for our Summer holiday to Spain. We ended up having some decent weather here in Scotland and I realised that I needed some new footwear as I had been living in trainers and boots over the colder months. I decided to wear my holiday sandals rather than go out and buy something else.

I chose these sandals in black as I thought they looked nice. I am between a size 8 and 9 I'm footwear depending on the type and style of shoe. The size 8 fits me just right and accommodates my slightly wide feet with ease. These sandals are a slightly fancier version of flip flops in my opinion. They have the same sort of shape and design but they feature a small, platform style heel. The rubber style material is thick and durable. There are efficient grippers on the soles of the sandals which helps if you are walking around a wet poolside.

These sandals are easy to slip on to my feet. I am not overly keen on the top of the sandals where my foot sits as it has a woven feel which does feel a little strange underfoot at first but I have gotten used to it. My feet are held nicely in place thanks to the straps around the top and I don't feel that I am constantly walking out of the sandals whilst walking around though as you would expect, they aren't as supportive as a proper pair of shoes. The toe post did rub between my toes at first but like with any new shoes, this can be a short term issue. The corsage design looks really pretty. It is grey and black with little silver embellishments and so far, these embellishments are intact.

These sandals are comfortable to wear for short periods of time. I ended up out the house longer than expected one day and my feet were a little tender after wearing them whilst out shopping and walking around for quite some time but not to the point that they were covered in blisters or anything. They are definitely best suited to slipping on for going to the beach or walking around the hotel on holiday. I like wearing them as air gets about my feet and they don't feel restricted. During hot days, they are ideal to wear with my maxi dresses, skirt or shorts and with decorated toe nails, they look really nice. They are comfortable to walk around in now that I have gotten used to them and I don't feel any stones underfoot as they have quite a thick sole. Given the style of shoe and material used, you wouldn't expect these sandals to protect your feet if something heavy fell on them.

Final Thoughts

I like wearing these sandals as they look pretty and don't leave my feet all sore and red. Yes, they do become tender after wearing them all day but they aren't designed for wearing to do lots of walking in my opinion. I have worn my sandals quite a lot recently and they look perfect. I anticipate that they will still be perfectly fine to take on holiday with us for wearing to the beach. They are very reasonably priced and I recommend them.

Thanks for reading :)

Pic to be added today

• justarube published 17/09/2016
    Nice review
  • eve6kicksass published 01/06/2015
    Good review, nice pic! :)
  • euphie published 24/05/2015