Pearl Drops Hollywood Smile Whitening Tooth Polish

Pearl Drops Hollywood Smile Whitening Tooth Polish

Pearl drops gently polishes and whitens your teeth to help restore natural whiteness and shine for a brighter smile.

Review of "Pearl Drops Hollywood Smile Whitening Tooth Polish"

published 02/09/2006 | Crazyangel
Member since : 25/05/2006
Satisfactory
Pro Money back guarantee, Whitening guide to see colour change in teeth
Cons Didn't whiten my teeth much, worry of damage to teeth, quite expensive

"Whiter teeth ? Not qu-white ! ;)"

Like many other women (and men), I like to take pride in my appearance, so when I saw the advert on TV for the 'Pearl Drops whitening toothpolish' I thought I would give it a shot - to see if it made much of a difference to my teeth !

The product itself was quite pricey at £4.99 for 50ml from my local Superdrug store. The TV advert claimed that the product had a 'Money Back Guarantee' if your teeth weren't any whiter - and so I figured I had nothing to loose !!

The toothpaste itself is white, with small visible blue granules in it. You use it just like regular toothpaste and it is meant to leave your teeth 2 shades whiter after 3 weeks, and a 'whiteness guide' (a small paper chart with a range of tooth colours ranging from bright white to yellowy stained colours) is included in the pack as proof.

The toothpaste didn't really 'foam up' like many other toothpastes, and so I felt that I had to put a bit more on my brush to feel it's effect. Maybe this is because it's labelled as a 'toothPOLISH', rather than toothpaste ?
I found the taste of the toothpaste itself to be a little bitter like a baking soda taste, but with a mild mint taste - that I would have preferred to be stronger to leave my mouth feeling a bit fresher.

My mouth did feel clean afterwards, but I worry that this may be due to abrasion of my teeth with the small blue granules in the toothpolish, rather than 'lifting the stains' from my teeth. At the end of the day, I'd much rather use a regular toothpaste to protect my teeth from cavities and decay than use a whitening toothpolish which compromises on this.

I used the toothpaste 2 times a day, for 3 weeks - just as the packet instructed me to. At the end of the three weeks, I compared the colour of my teeth on the whiteness colour chart guide, to the colour I had circled before the product was used. To be honest - there wasn't a lot of difference.

I wonder whether this is because my teeth weren't dark yellow or extremely stained to begin with, but just not as white as they could be. I question whether people with greater teeth staining may find the product more effective than those like me whose teeth are nearer the middle of the whiteness guide enclosed. Maybe you might find that the results are more obvious is you use the product for a longer period of time than just the suggested 3 weeks, but if bought on a regular basis it could become quite costly.

I was slightly disappointed, but in line with their money back guarantee I sent off the bottom of the packaging, my original till receipt, and a short paragraph on why I was not satisfied with the toothpolish, and several weeks later I received a cheque to cover the original amount I had paid. Not half bad !

Overall, I didn't find that this toothpaste made much difference and so I'd be sceptical to try the other products in the range - all displayed on their website at http://www.pearldrops.co.uk

However - with a successful money back guarantee - its definitely worth a try, and a lot cheaper than other procedures to whiten teeth !

• Bitchqueenofneworleans published 19/03/2009
    It's always a worry that something powerful enough to actually DO anything will be too powerful and damage your teeth!
  • satyamkhurana published 05/10/2006
    Good review. I have used this and obviously it didnt make any difference! its rubbish.
  • cladach29 published 02/09/2006
    this is a well structured and logical review. i am very skeptical about almost all whitening products available to the public with regards their effectiveness. I would recommend getting your teeth professionally whitened if that's what you want.