Review of "Pears Soap"

Pro cleans, cheap
Cons a bit bulky
Does it smell good?

"Definitely worth a try"

I was persuaded to try this soap after reading a review and bought this after I had finished my usual brand of soap. I got this from Boots for 63p (bargain) and I have seen it on sale for 95p at my local chemist so I thought I had done well to get it cheaper from Boots. I had never heard of Pears before I read a review on here so this is very new to me.

The soap is 125g and comes in a white box with the a picture of the soap on it. The soap itself is orange in colour and has Pears written on both sides. It doesn't have a particularly strong smell and I'm not sure I can describe the smell. I found the smell a bit unusual but it was not overpowering so I could live with that. The box also tells me that it can be used on sensitive skin and won't clog pores.

I found the soap a little awkward to get a grip of when I used it for the first time and still find it a little awkward to hold a few washes later. Maybe its because I have small hands but who knows, maybe it will get easier when it diminishes in size.

As I said earlier, I can't really describe the smell but it is not unpleasant. It doesn't lather up in a soapy sudsy way but it does lather easily and is easily smoothed over the skin. The soap is a bit on the bulky side and is hard and I found it a bit painful when I rubbed it over the front of my leg i.e when I was rubbing it over the bone. Regardless of that, I did feel it gave me a good clean and the fragrance wasn't overpowering, just subtle and quite a clean smell.

The soap was washed off easily and there was no residue afterwards. The smell doesn't linger and you barely notice it. I did find that this soap was a little drying on my skin but then I've always found that with soap.

This was a good recommendation and I am pleased I bought it - it definitely cleans and it appears to last for ages - I've not noticed a change in its size but then, I've only been using it for a week. A good soap for a great price!

• 1st2thebar published 26/10/2009
    -SH- Requires more information for a higher rating. Again, bland piece of writing with no personality
  • Amy69 published 11/09/2009