Pedigree Country Casseroles in Gravy

Pedigree Country Casseroles in Gravy

Review of "Pedigree Country Casseroles in Gravy"

published 06/04/2012 | Lucy439br
Member since : 25/07/2011
Don't Worry, Be Happy!
Pro Healthy, Different, Good Size, Quality Food, Dog Loves Them
Cons More Money Than Some Tins.
Food according to Life Stage
Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"My Dog Loves A Country Casserole!"

"My Dog Loves A Country Casserole!"

Before i started buying these tins of dog food i usually bought the Pedigree Original, but i felt that my dog could do with a change. I went into ASDA and saw these Pedigree Country Casseroles on offer, not only did the name tempt me but the fact that the tins have proper vegetables and pasta pieces in them which is advertised as being a great healthy food for your dog. In the packet there are six tins which is great and lasts the week, in time for me to go shopping again. Ever since i bought my first pack of the pedigree country casseroles i have bought them ever since, and my dog loves them!

The Tins;

The tin's of the food are the usual round cylinder sized can which makes them the perfect size to stack in your cupboard, meaning the storage of these cans are really easy. The label for the dog food is the usual yellow colour for the pedigree logo and a picture of what will come out of the tin. I have to say what is on the tin is in the tin. The tins hold 400 grams of food for the dog which is fantastic and just the right size for a medium dog which i have. The food lasts for ages so you can stock up on the tins when they have a good offer on, and not be worried about the date running out.

"Fresh meat, balanced with garden vegetables and wholesome cereals, are the most natural way to maintain the health and vitality of your dog"

In the packet there are thre different types of food for your dog which makes the food different for your dog each time. The three different types of the food are;

• Tasty Chicken With Green Beans and Carrots
  • Tender Beef With Vegetables and Pasta
  • Slow Cooked Lamb With Peas and Carrots

All of the food types are said to offer easy digestion for your dog which is great, especially for younger dogs. The food is also said to make your dog have a healthier coat and also skin. All of the food which comes in the tin looks non-processed and lovely. The vegetables are real and whole which means that the food is genuine and also there are small pasta shapes in two of the cans which also is real pasta. All of the tins have a gravy in them with a great consistency not too runny and not too thick which is perfect for pouring the dish out. All of the food is easily seperated if you want to give your dog food in portions which i do with my dog. The fresh meat, vegetables, and pasta in the tin is great for your dog, and is really healthy. The quality of the food in the can is excellent and could not be any better.

What Size Dogs Are The Tins Suitable For?

I have a medium sized dog and the tin is a perfect size for my dog. The tins weigh 400 grams and are the size of a usual baked bean can so hopefully you can judge on that whether they are a good size for your dog. If you have a smaller dog, or a bigger dog which will want more food you can open one, seperate it and keep it in the fridge. I have found that the food keeps well in the fridge althought you may need to slightly warm it up before giving it to your dog! The size of the cans i feel are perfect because it is just the right amount of food for my doggy!

How Much Are The Cans? and Where Can I Get Them From?

For 6 cans i usually buy the food for £3 which is usually the price from my local wilkinsons or ASDA. However the price can range a little lower or higher than the £3. This means that the price for a can is 50p which is great value for money. The tins can be bought from most supermarkets and also pet stores. I have found that the cheapest place to purchase the tins is usually Wilkinsons. The value for money of these tins is excellent because for 50p a tin the food quality is fantastic, and my dog loves them. Each tin holds 400 grams so the price is cheap! I don't feel that the value for money could be any better and therefore i have rated the value for money as excellent.

Overall;

Overall i would definitely recommend these tins of dog food. They are perfect and full of healthy food for your dog. The food is natural which is fantastic. The food is good quality and the size of the cans are perfect. They have a excellent value for money at around 50p each which is great. You can purchase these tins at most stores now so you can definitely buy them when you go for your next shop! I would 100% recommend this product!

• anwar published 06/04/2012
    My fussy setter loves these tins! Ann