Pendleton College

Pendleton College

Review of "Pendleton College"

published 21/06/2004 | slshepley
Member since : 26/05/2004
Pro Good range of courses, highly ranked, helpful staff, good facilities.
Cons None

"A great place to spend 2 years!"

Science

Science

I was advised not to go to this college by almost all of the teachers that I had any respect for in school but I decided to go anyway for the convenient distance from my house. It’s true that when I started the college wasn't the highest ranked in my area but the same year I joined the college was given a new principal.

Mike Sheehan, along with the rest of the new management, has helped turn the college around and it is now enjoying massive success with students coming from all around Salford to gain qualifications there.

Being at Pendleton was the best educational experience I have ever had. The staff are helpful, approachable, and all well respected by the students and others in the area.

The college offers a wide range of courses including most a-level subjects, advanced vocational qualifications, NVQ's and more. Whilst I was there I gained a-levels in Business, Information and Communications Technology, Law, Maths and General Studies. As well as the courses that chose the college makes everybody do the new Key Skills qualifications - which are hated by students but useful I thought.

On top of all this study, the principal put his favourite saying, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," into practice making all students choose enrichment activities. These take up about 45 minutes per week and can be quite fun. The kinds of things on offer include debating, typing and lesser known activities such as jazz club and brake dancing.

Pendleton has top class facilities including a full size swimming pool, a fully equipped theatre and sound recording studio, well-equipped hairdressing and beauty salons and a training kitchen and restaurant as well as others.

My fiancee will be attending the college soon after high recommendations from me. She'll be taking a course in Horse Management which takes place at a nearby riding school which the college has links with.

Pendleton truly is a top class college and is still improving. Anyone that has the chance of going there definately should. I don't regret any of it.

Find out more and how to apply on their web-site: www.pendcoll.ac.uk

• burnsey81 published 16/11/2006
    I agree with your comments, I did some supply teaching there earlier this year and enjoyed teaching there! Unfortunate I could only be there for a few weeks! And yes it is definatly moving in the right direction!
  • missixty published 03/08/2005
    My friend studied here. Good review x
  • slshepley published 07/11/2004