Pennells Garden Centre Landscaping Company

Pennells Garden Centre Landscaping Company

Lincolnshire - England

Review of "Pennells Garden Centre Landscaping Company"

published 12/04/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Tasty food, range of garden products
Cons Menu not very varied, products are a little pricey
Quality of work
Service

"Pennells Garden Centre"

The garden centre has automatic doors and as you walk in it's very fresh and open planned. The shop is laid out nicely with a customer service desk to the left and the tills to the right. There are lots of different sections, and they sell literally everything. They sell the usual garden centre stuff such as plants, weed killer, garden accessories, turf etc but I was impressed by their range of nick nacks - they have lots of random stuff such as posters, jewellery boxes and so on, most of which are shabby chic and very unique.

The prices are a little high in there (eg their small wooden jewellery boxes are £50!) although they did have a large shelf with lots of clearance items including baby toys, candles, storage jars and so on. They also sell edible food including handmade jam and honey etc. I was intrigued by their stash of sweets near the door as there are some really unusual ones, for example 'fish liquorish'. We didn't really hang about the shop area much but it was pleasant and open planned. Staff were easy to distinguish as a majority wore blue polo neck tops. There is an outside area containing large plants and gardening tools, however as I only glimpsed out there, I can not really comment on the lay out or range. We headed off to the restaurant after a quick browse in the actual shop and it was packed. We arrived at 12.30pm and struggled to find a table.

We ended up getting a table in the main restraunt area. We asked for extra chairs and staff were quick to bring them over. The table had plates etc left over from people who were there previously and it took around five minutes until they were moved. We received a warm welcome from the waitress who brought our chairs over and she was very friendly.

All of our food was freshly cooked and well presented. It was brought over to us by a waitress after around 10 minutes of waiting, who was friendly and polite. Sauce was available for free and it was placed on a shelf in the middle of the room. There was a range including tomato, tartar, mustard, salad cream and so on. They had a small range of drinks with the usual coffee, tea and so on and there were also soft drinks including Coke and Sprite. As far as I could see there was no option of fresh fruit juice. Hot chocolate,expressos and lattes were also available.

Our bill came to around £38 including drinks. I don't think this is bad as all of us except my brother were satisfied and really enjoyed our meal. The service was good and the layout and atmosphere was fresh and pleasant. Despite how busy the restaurant was I did not feel uncomfortable or overcrowded due to the way it is laid out. The prices are decent but not especially cheap, however the food is good quality. Overall, Pennells is a good place to go to whether you are after some gardening equipment or simply want a nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere,

• Coloneljohn published 25/04/2012
    Excellent review. John
  • Jake_Speed published 14/04/2012
    Exceptional review. The grub sounds pretty good.
  • AnneLorraine1 published 13/04/2012