Peperami Pork Salami Sausages

Peperami Pork Salami Sausages

Sausages

Review of "Peperami Pork Salami Sausages"

published 02/05/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro Handy packs, very tasty, can be added to meals
Cons Slightly tough texture
Taste
Smell
Product Quality

"Are You An Animal For Salami!"

I am always on the look out for new snacks to put in mine and my husbands packed lunch. Although I really like salami I had never actually tried peperami until a couple of weeks ago when my father in law asked of I would like one. Obviously I was aware of there existence due to the well known adverts with the slogan 'it's a bit of an animal'. Since then I have purchased a few as they make a nice, easy snack and am surprised I have looked over them for so long.

The peperami sticks can be purchased individually or in multi-packs. My last purchase was one of the individual 25g sticks which was on a half price special offer in Sainsbury's and cost just £0.35 which I thought was pretty good value.

The sticks of peperami are long and quite thin and come packed in a green foil wrapper. Inside the stick of peperami is contained in a thin plastic sleeve which keeps the salami nice and fresh and can easily be peeled back to reveal the salami stick. On the pack you can find a picture of the salami as well as all the necessary information that you need to know including ingredients listings, storage instructions and company contact details.

The peperami is described on the pack as being a 'smoked pork salami sausage'. Although it states that for the best taste you should keep the peperami in the fridge this is not necessary as it is pasteurised and packaged to preserve the meat.

As with most convenience foods the peperami sticks are not the healthiest snacks but they make a nice occasional
treat. A 25g peperami stick currently contains the following nutritional information:
Calories - 126
Carbohydrate - 0.6g
Fat - 11.0g
Fibre - trace
Sodium - 0.40g

As soon as you open the packet you can smell the salami. It has quite a strong and rich, smoky smell which I found quite appealing. The peperami is quite strong tasting but it has a lovely smoky, tasty and a slight spiciness. The only downside that I found with the peperami is that it is a little tough especially the outer side of the salami stick. I do like to eat these straight from the packet just the way they are and usually take one in my lunch box to work. But I have also chopped one of these up and added it to a speedy pasta dish in a hurry which gave it a lovely taste and when warmed did make it less tough.

Overall I do really like these salami sticks, they are really tasty and make an ideal snack. It would be nice if they could make them a little softer but I will still continue to purchase them as I really like the taste.