Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)

Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)

Follows the adventures of Peppa Pig, Daddy Pig, Mummy Pig and little brother George. Features 10 tales.

Review of "Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)"

published 23/06/2008 | miasmum82
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"It's Magic Daddy!"

My Birthday Party is part of my daughter's ever growing Peppa Pig collection.

On the case it states Winner of Best Pre-School Animation - British Academy Children's Film and Television Awards.

Peppa is a inquisitive little piggy who lives with Mummy Pig, Daddy Pig and her adorable little brother George. Currently airing an episode every weekday on Milkshake on Five (I believe it also airs on Nick Jr.), Peppa Pig quickly endeared herself to my daughter, with the bright simple animation, cute voices, interesting sounds and catchy but simple theme tune.

This series is excellent for younger babies in my experience as it is simple and colourful enough to hold their attention. My daughter is ten months old now and loves it (she even says peppa!), it ranks in her top three! She has been watching it for several months.

I love it because it isn't too grating as pre school programmes go, in fact sometimes I realise I'm watching when baby has gone to sleep (it's a sad life eh!). I personally especially like George who manages to summon a huge degree of cuteness for a cartoon pig!

This DVD contains ten five minute episodes and 2 extras-
"Learn Your Colours With Peppa" and "Tidy Up" games.

1. My Birthday Party.
It's 5am and Peppa's excited! It's her birthday, so she wakes up the family as the "whole day is going!". After being given a dolls dress as her present, it's time for her party, where Daddy Pig performs a magic act.

2. The Playground.
Peppa gets stuck in a tyre swing when showing her friends "the right way" to swing across. George has fun bouncing on Daddy Piggs tummy which Peppa thinks is just like a bouncy castle!

3. Tidying Up.
Peppa and George have made a big mess in their bedroom, but don't want to tidy up because they are playing dollies and dinosaurs, so Mummy and Daddy turn it into a competition, girls against boys. Whoever tidies away their toys first wins. This certainly speeds up the process to a tidy room, but when they're finished, Peppa and George rummage through their toybox for dolly and dinosaur, and of course they're at the bottom! The result is a very untidy bedroom once again!

4. Frogs and Worms and Butterflies.
Peppa and George are in the garden with Grandpa Pig, learning about and playing at being frogs and worms and butterflies. Peppa likes frogs the best because they like jumping in muddy puddles too!

5. Daddy Puts Up A Picture.
Daddy Pig tries to put up a picture while Mummy Pig is out, but he ends up making a huge whole in the wall. By the time he's finished bricking it up, plastering, painting and tidying, Mummy Pig is home, and she puts up the picture, no problem at all!

6. At The Beach.
The pig family go to the beach, they splash in the water and bury Daddy Pig in the sand. When it's time to go home they remember to pack everything up in the car, but nearly forget Daddy!

7. Cleaning the Car.
The piggies are cleaning the car. After the car is clean George uses the muddy sponge on the window. Peppa tells him off and says she'll get the mud off. Then she chucks the dirty water all over the car! Out comes the hose to wash off the car, but it ends up soaking everyone as well!

8. Grandpa Pig's Boat.
Peppa and george are having a ride on Grandpa Pig's boat. They meet Danny Dog and Granpa Dog who are on Grandpa Dog's boat. Grandpa Dog and Grandpa Pig are best friends but argue over who has the best boat, they have a race but Grandpa Pig's boat runs out of petrol, and Grandpa Dog has to tow them home.

9. Daddy's Movie Camera.
Daddy Pig's new movie camera arrives, and Peppa and George make videos for him.

10. The School Play.
Peppa is starring as little red riding hood in her school play.

The length of the episodes is also a help in holding the child's attention.

I really liked the Tidying Up episode because it is too true that toys do not stay in their box and rooms do not stay tidy with little ones around! The frogs and worms and butterflies episode was good because it teaches about these creatures. I also liked daddy Pig puts up a Picture because I found it hilarious! (not that I'm the one that's good at DIY in my house!). Actually, I really like most of the episodes on this particular dvd, its a good selection.

Other dvds available include:

Bubbles
Muddy Puddles and other stories
New Shoes and other stories
Piggy In The Middle and other stories
Flying A Kite and other stories
Peppa's Christmas
The Balloon Ride and other stories

I paid £4.99 for this dvd I think in Woolworths. Most of the DVDs will cost around 4.99 individually (unless it's a new release). Stocked in most supermarkets, woolworths, amazon etc.

There is a huge selection of other Peppa Pig merchandise available, visit www.peppapig.com.

Peppa Pig created by Mark Baker.

I would highly recommend this dvd and the others in the range to parents of young children.

Run time: 51 mins approx
Rated Universal

review may appear on other sites.

• MarcoG published 12/07/2008
    Ahhhh I saw some PeppaPig related in Woolies the other day - I thought of you hahaha x
  • carcraig published 25/06/2008
    Our girls still love Peppa.......good review, Caroline xx
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 23/06/2008
    sounds really lovely and educational - lyn x

offers "Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)"