Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)

Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)

Follows the adventures of Peppa Pig, Daddy Pig, Mummy Pig and little brother George. Features 10 tales.

Review of "Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)"

published 17/08/2013 | carlz2001
Member since : 21/11/2009
Feeling a little happier with the site. Maybe my DIAMOND had something to do with it?! : )
Pro Each episode centres on everyday tasks, entertaining, great price, extras
Cons None for us
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Happy Birthday Peppa"

My daughter absolutely adores Peppa Pig, so was delighted to receive this DVD from one of her school friends for her birthday.

This particular DVD has several episodes on it, and at only 5 minutes roughly per episode, she can happily watch a few before turning it off and doing something else.
My daughter really relates to this DVD of Peppa and his family, as each episode centres around an everyday task (the majority of them anyway), rather than some magical, mysterious act that seems to be centred upon in the majority of childrens programmes. For example, one episode (my favourite!) is focused on tidying up after Peppa and George (her brother), make a mess in their room. The episode focuses on making a boring task quite fun, and after she first watched it she spent about an hour tidying her room! Result!

Another episode see the family clean the car together, and I find this episode quite endearing as the family all pull together to clean the car (even if it does end up filthy after Mummy Pig drives through a puddle!). Other episodes include a visit to the playground, a trip to the seaside, a trip out on Grandpas boat and of course a birthday party.

I find that the majority of childrens TV does have a moral behind it, but I find Peppa Pig especially so, as the family unit come together to iron out squabbles or to fix a problem that they encounter. My daughter, even at 5, still loves this programme, and even though the graphics are simple and the stories usually are too, she can understand what the episode is trying to teach her, and will often talk about what Peppa and George did.

The extras on the DVD include two interactive games, which for a change are actually pretty decent extras. As Peppa Pig is probably aimed at children younger than my daughter, they are a little young for her, but she still asks to play them and enjoys doing so. The first game involves learning colours with Peppa when a colour is said out loud the child must click on the correct splash of that particular colour. The second game is not as educational but still great fun, and the child must click on toys in Peppa and Georges messy room to put them back in the toy basket. Each toy makes a silly sound as you do so, and she howls with laughter even now she knows what is coming.

This DVD can be picked up for around £4 online which is an absolute bargain, and for around an hours worth of episodes, will keep them entertained.

• chrisandmark_is_here published 18/08/2013
    Nicely done, my daughter loves this DVD x
  • 1st2thebar published 18/08/2013
    Concise and informative.
  • crystalaward published 17/08/2013
    Good review :)

offers "Peppa Pig - My Birthday Party And Other Stories (DVD)"