milliemou... 5

milliemouse

Member since:18.07.2002

A perfect plan for your pet.

31.07.2002

Advantages:
peace of mind from only 30p per day

Disadvantages:
none that ive noticed .

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. purplelynne
  2. miss_motivator
  3. pinkcrush
  1. alzander

If you have ever had a pet you will know just how expensive it is, food, treats, collar and lead, plus the trips to the vets, and boy are they expensive.

After my partner bought me a miniature longhaired dachshund I decided to get her insured as the vet bills are very expensive and it was going to cost an arm and a leg for her injections.

I decided to ring around a few pet insurers but the one that stood out the most for me was petplan, there are several plans to meet just about everybody’s needs, I got the company to send me out some more details of the plans so I could decide which one suited me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 4/5 days later I received a big brown envelope containing the info on petplan insurance.
On one of the leaflets it said the very best for your dog so I started to read more.
There was stuff about why you should have pet insurance, and answers to questions like 'do many people claim on their pet insurance? and what cover for life actually means'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work out the best level of the plan for you by the type of dog you have and the area you live in (are you surrounded by fields or main roads).
There are 3 different plans with petplan insurance
There’s-:
Budget
Standard
Supreme
With the budget you get £4,000 per year for illness and injury.
£1 million third party liability.
£250/year for boarding kennels or home care say if the owner was hospitalised.
And £250 for advertising if your pet goes missing or gets stolen.

Standard-: offers £6,000 per year for illness and injury.
£2 million for third party liability.
£500 for the death of your pet.
£500 for boarding kennels.
£500 for advertising your pet in case of loss or theft.
£500 for theft or straying.
£500 for holiday cancellation.

Supreme-: offers unlimited fees per year for illness or injury.
£3 million for third party liability.
£1,000 for death of your pet.
£1,000 per year for boarding kennels.
£1,000 for theft or straying.
£1,000 for holiday cancellations.

After calculating the pros and cons like the value of my dog and where we live I decided to choose the budget plan, as this was sufficient.
The payment each month is £13.40 (which is only 30p a day) with an excess of £55.00, the better the plan you chose the higher the monthly payment is.
On choosing my plan and getting in touch with the company my dog was insured from the moment I agreed to take out the policy, I got an added bonus of having free 1 year membership to pet safe which included a 24 hour service providing national pet monitoring, a tag was sent through the post with a unique serial number on it for my dog to wear on her collar so if she was to go missing the finder would contact pet safe and then petsafe would be able to contact us with the information from the serial number.
Since having my dog insured ive claimed twice, the first time she had to go through a big operation and with all the after care without the insurance it would have cost me over £800. The second time would have been over £100 so instead of costing me over £1,000 its only cost me £110 which is a great saving, petplan paid my claim straight away with as less hassle to me as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few good reasons why I also chose petplan was
Allows the best veterinary care for your dog.
Covered for a life guarantee.
petplan is supported by thousands of breeders.
25 years experience.
To start up a policy with petplan there is a free phone number direct to a help line 0800 072 7000.

In my opinion petplan is great value for money.

Make sure you read all the fine print as there are a few exclusions for example you cant claim for routine injections, nor for being spade or neutered. The insurance doesnt cover dental work either.

alzander 19.09.2003 22:46

I HAVE A KITTEN, NO INSURANCE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PLAN THINK I HAVE FOUND IT. THANKS

pinkcrush 31.05.2003 16:48

thanks for your opinion, i need help with this one for my puppy, so cheer's.

RottenPumpkins 18.08.2002 13:28

Thanks for sheding some light on this matter, which I have been interested in. I may need it soon when I kill my cat for being such a pain ;).