Review of "Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi"

published 17/06/2006 | slavinvorlon
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Long legged beastie"

When I choose a car I need one that apart from being reliable it needs to be comfortable. Being 6ft 1 inches with my legs making up a greater part of my length / Height makes my first criteria can I sit in this car with comfort.

When I needed another car last year I had to consider a 65 mile journey to and from work. So comfort then fuel type was critical. Ever since I first saw a 406 I thought they looked a nice car.
So I brought a second hand 406 saloon its a HDi 2 Ltr Desiel 90 BHP.

It fitted me like a glove gives my legs room enough to be almost fully stretched out.Its so easy to drive and dosent feel like a big car when driving it handles excellently for what it is has all the power I need and fill up the tank and you have a range over 800 miles.

Electric windows for both front and rear including a lock on the drivers buttons to stop children opening the windows. I like being able to open the rear windows especially when on the motoway helps air flow in the car.

I average 55 Miles to the gallon on the motorway cruises above the legal limit with ease.Ride is very comfortable wind noise is very low. Cant hear the engine when moving.uses no oil worth mentioning my car has now got 120,000 miles on the clock.

Has an excellent trip computer that I find 100% acurate. Stalk control of volume and station / track on radio / Cd player.Its a Clarion radio / CD player so sound quality is good enough for a car .

Boot space is good though has a high lip to have to lift your baggage out of you can lower the seats and split them.

Air con and good enviromental controls set the temp on the digital display and it stays at that temp excellent.

remote fuel flap , good rubber ariel nice metallic silver paintwork no rust anywhere.

I love this car its solid reliable economical comfortable and if you want to throw it round the lanes it does so with ease.Brakes work well (ABS) I have replaced both discs but you expect that after 100,000 miles +

My electric window motor went nuts and would lower my window when I wanted up that cost me £160 to replace thats the cost of the part I fitted it myself.

You can see why they are used by cab drivers every where I could spend all day in the car and be comfortable.
The seats are excellent I like the armrests good on long journeys
I dont feel I have travelled all that far when I have done over 400 miles non stop and stepped out almost as fresh as a daisy.

if you are thinking of getting one do I am sure you will like it.why bother with a BMW ? when this is as good in my book solidly built good car.

• minxy106 published 21/10/2006
    Hi there! Good review, we're getting one of these soon, excited now I've read all your comments, glad you liked yours, hope I do too. Deb x
  • lostsworld published 18/06/2006
    More details required for higher ratings but good review