Philips 28PW6517/18C

Philips 28PW6517/18C

Review of "Philips 28PW6517/18C"

published 03/11/2005 | SARLOZY
Member since : 06/08/2005
Pro Good feutures for the money
Cons Bulky
Picture Playback
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"Philips 28 PW 6517"

Well this is my fifth Philips TV over the years. The Philips 28 PW 6517 may not be the prettiest on the market, but as all my previous Philips TV have been reliable and functional, after a long trail round the shops we finally came back to what we knew.
I have to say for the features, not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive, like all in its class quite bulky, definitely meant for the corner of the room. The flat tube produces a high quality picture, although enthusiasts may pick fault, I found the picture excellent after adjusting it to my personal taste.
The onboard sound is good, Dolby and all, if you like to watch DVDs then you may want to think about additional surround sound/cinema system.
One criticism, and I have seen this with a few of my previous "tellys" from this manufacturer, is the on/off switch is not the most positive. I think I've switched it on, but the switch has not engaged, and you need to press it again, but you get use to the feel after a while. I have to add the switch has never failed.

A good family telly which does not stand out from the crowd in looks, but if my previous TVs from Philips are anything to go by, I am sure will give some good honest service

Product Information : Philips 28PW6517/18C

Enjoy watching sports and movies and looking for not-too-big widescreen? Consider this TV with top picture quality in 50Hz including the Real Flat tube shape and excellent picture processing. The flatter the tube in your TV, the more lifelike the images it produces. With 2 onboard speakers and Dolby Virtual the sound is also well above average. This TV also features FM Radio and Teletext.

EAN: 8710895755269, 8710895589789