Philips CD245

Philips CD245

with Hands Free - with Caller ID - with Loudspeakers - without SMS Function

Review of "Philips CD245"

published 30/07/2007 | vali2003
Member since : 20/10/2003
Pro Cordless, easy to use, answering machine
Cons Have to register the numbers in each handsets
Reception & Clarity of speech
Range of reception
What is the durability of this product?
Range of features
Reliability

"A very easy-to-use telephone, believe me !"

I ordered this telephone 4 months ago and I only received it last week ! So we can say that I deserve it… Indeed the delivery was always delayed and I was a bit upset not to say desperate because my old telephone (which was, to be honest, not so old but so cheap…) didn’t work properly. Indeed, it was always making strange noises when I was phoning and it was really irritating, you can believe me. So I was relieved to receive and use my Philips CD2452S.
The reason why I chose it, is because it has an answering machine which is new for me. Before, people always told me it was a pity not to be able to leave a message so, I made up my mind to buy one and this telephone corresponded to my wishes.
But now, let study and describe this “communicating item” :

Physical description
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
This cordless telephone as it is called “dual telephone” is composed of 2 telephones : the main handset and the second one. Both are the same ; the difference is the base station which owns the answering machine.
The fronts of the handsets are steel grey and the bodies : white.
There is a screen where indications appear written in black. The backlight colour of the screen is amber. You can write only one line of text but it’s quite enough.
The keys are round and oval.
The main base of the telephone is steel grey too and it bigger as it, as I told you, holds the answering machine. The base of the second handset is smaller.
The thing I appreciate is that antennas are integrated on bases and on handsets so you don’t have to leave them out to hear properly ! That’s new for me and it’s easier to use.

Sounds
*-*-*-*-*
You can control the volume up and down easily on the handset when phoning.
You can choose the ring on the base ; there are 10 tunes and some of them are nice… My favourite is “Bell 2”

Convenience
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
- This telephone can be used as an alarm clock which is really useful
- When the battery is unloaded there is a charging indicator on the screen to inform you.
- There is a hands-free mode which allows you to speak and listen during a call without holding the phone to your ear. This is useful when you are cooking or giving the bath to your children… or something else of course
- The phonebook can hold 100 names and numbers ; I think that the only “problem” is that you have to record the names and numbers in each handset ! So you have to do the job twice.
- You can also receive some SMS !!! Really

The answering machine
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
This is a Plug & Play answering machine
It can record 99 messages !!! Isn’t it a lot ? But only up to 15 minutes so, these must be short messages.
You can read the messages on both the base and the handsets and it is really easy to use, I promise ! I am not very gifted with that kind of equipment and I manage so you will.

So You will have understood it : I think that the Philips CD2452S telephone is a very good and easy to use one. Even my husband and my two children (7 and 5) use it easily so you will…

• dvdsprks2 published 06/11/2007
    Great review, we are on our second set of phones, they still haven't ironed out all of bugs in them yet but still prefer them to the wired ones, David
  • CoupeQueen published 26/10/2007
    I have cordless phones and the only problem I've found is that when you have no electricity for one reason or another, you can't use the phone!! My sister has two phone sockets and has a standard phone plugged into one, I think I need 2 phone sockets!! Great review, Aly x
  • Morning_Becomes_Electra published 07/09/2007
    This does sound a great phone!-Nicely laid out review-Thanks for the information :-)