Philips DVD player DVP3310K Karaoke

Review of "Philips DVP3310"

published 26/10/2009 | browndoll
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"Plays any disc"

Philips DVP3310

When my old DVD player died, I wanted an immediate replacement for it since there are DVDs that I really love to watch over and over like Titanic, Somewhere in Time and Face-Off. My toddler also loves to watch ‘Tom and Jerry Show’ almost every morning. I’m not really that keen on DVD player’s technicalities so I really didn’t know what to look for in a DVD player. I was just used to plug, play and watch on my old DVD player. Some of my DVDs are not playable on my former player. Somebody told me that I needed to get a multi-region DVD player that plays all kinds of discs.

I started my internet search on a multi-region DVD player and I ended up ordering Phillips DVP3310 and paid £45 for it. The delivery was quick. I ordered it Monday and it arrived Thursday morning.

In the box

• Phillips DVP3310 DVD player
  • 2 x AAA Batteries
  • Remote Control
  • Warranty Leaflet
  • User Manual
First try

The first time I did a test-run on this player, I was a bit worried for I couldn’t get to play region 1. I didn’t lose hope as Phillips says it can play any disc. I went to the website once again to try to look for multi-region codes but I couldn’t find the code for Phillips DVP3310. The support website wasn’t that helpful at that time and emailing the website’s support team and waiting for their reply could take some time. My toddler was already pulling my shirt whilst holding his cartoon DVD so I needed a quick solution.
Region-free setting

I went to Amazon website to look for reviews on Phillips DVP3310. Thankfully, I read a review posted by “Flickboy” that unlocks the code to setting this DVD player to multi-region. These steps were actually used on other model of Phillips DVD player but it works on Phillips DVP3310.

1. Open the tray
2. Press ‘9879’ then press the desired region code (or ‘0’ for multi-region or region-free setting)
3. Press ‘OK’ button
Screen Fit Feature

Aside from the multi-region feature of this player, the picture fits the whole screen perfectly. I hated it when I played DVD’s that displayed black bars at top and bottom of the screen and there’s nothing I could do about it. With this player, it is quick and easy to eliminate the disturbing black bars. I just press the ‘Screen Fit’ button and I choose the format to get rid of those bars and I enjoy watching movie in full screen.
Impressive Memory

I usually watch a film late at night and have to sleep even without finishing the movie. With my old DVD player, I had to skip the DVD forward in the morning and stop at the scene where I left it the other night to continue watching it. With this player, I just pause it at night and play it in the morning so I can continue watching the film.
Specifications

Distortion and Noise : (1kHz) 65 dB
Crosstalk (1kHz) : 70 dB
Dynamic Range (1kHz) : 80 dB
Sound System : Dolby Digital
Conclusion

Phillips DVP3310 DVD player practically does what my old DVD player did and even does a lot more. It’s multi-region feature is great. Now I can play any commercial or self-made DVDs. The zoom control is good especially when I’m viewing Photo CDs.
The set-up is very easy with this player. Though setting the code to obtain a region-free setting is quite difficult for some, the problem can be easily resolved by following the steps I indicated above (credit goes to ‘Flickboy’).

• jesi published 18/11/2009
    Glad you got something you could use . . . although you have not said much about the screen you watch . . . [PS: as per your 'About me:' ~ I have rated over 3 times as many members as have rated me, I have given nearly twice as many rates as I have received, and only 4.4% of my reads are by members . . . but I'm not bothered as long as prospective buyers keep reading my reviews, they come up highly in google searches, and I keep getting PF regularly ] . . . &#9829 jesi &#9829
  • elfbwillow published 18/11/2009
    Well reviewed :)
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 09/11/2009
    see reviews do pay off - lyn x