Sunnysmil... 5

Sunnysmiles

About me: Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here

Member since:22.07.2005

Video reviews:1

Music to walk with

27.06.2010

Advantages:
Good sound quality

Disadvantages:
none so far

Sound Quality

1. Silverback
  2. pantyliner
  3. Autarkis
and a further member

Quite recently I have begun to get regular excercise by walking and to accompany me I thought it would be nice to listen to music whilst I walk, so I bought a Philips EXp2542 which is a CD player and has an MP3 player built in.

The player cost me £10.99 from a site called bargain stock on the internet, I like to browse to get cheaper items if I possibly can but you can buy this from Amazon or Ebay for £19.99 but why pay more.

It comes only in black and has a flip up lid where you put the CD its a stylish player that can be hooked onto your belt or shoved in your bag for easy carrying and it comes with two small headphones that fit in your ears whilst your walking or jogging.
The headphones have a little storage place and it comes with a easy to understand instruction booklet.
It takes AA batteries to run it.

The CD function is easy to operate and it has play , search, auto skip , repeat and shuffle for you to easily find whatever track you want to listen to.
It also plays CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs so you can play music you have burned yourself and it holds 10 hours of skip-free music on one MP3-CD.
Which is good if you go jogging.

There is LCD display to show you what function you are using and how many tracks are available on the CD your listening to and there is a battery level to show when you need to change or recharge the batteries.
It also has a Base Boost so you can turn up the base and really get jogging or striding in my case.

I have owned this player for about five months now and in my opinion it is a quality item, its easy to use the sound quality is very clear and it handles the walking up and down the country lanes fine, the only thing I will say is that if your walking along and the base boost is on then sometimes you may not hear cars aproaching, so I only use this function when I am walking in car free zones.
The headphones are comfortable once you get used to them being in your ears.

The price I paid was a bargain and the batteries last around 30 minutes on play which is enough for me to get my walking done and come back to put the batteries on charge.
Batteries have to be bought seperately.

Technical bits:-
Product dimensions (WxDxH): 140x140x27.5mm
Indications: album number, battery status, Cd functions, DBB, ESP, time, track
Output Power: 2 x 4mW RMS
MP3 bit rates: 32 - 320 kbps
Battery Playing Time MP3-CD: 30
Battery Playing Time CD: 20

If your looking for a good quality product then i would recommend this one to you, it does everything you'd expect from a CD/MP3 player with good quality sound.

paulpry118 02.07.2010 23:59

Not sure is this something I would use