Review of "Philips HF3475"

published 30/08/2011 | JL132
Member since : 23/12/2008
http://www.onesies-kopen.nl mijn eigen website onesies!
Pro easy to use, works great!
Cons Not cheap

"Waking up naturally"

Who doesn't' have always or sometimes trouble with waking up? Everybody sometimes, I think. With a regular alarm clock or clock radio, it's like getting a shock in the morning and not really waken up feeling relaxed. Philips has found a solution, a wake up light. It is a clock radio that even goes of before you really need to wake up, very gently with a light turning on. The light is getting stronger by the minute, so you slowly awakened on a more natural way. Like sleeping outside.

General Information
Brand Name: Philips
Product Name: Wake Up Light
Kind of alarm clock: Wake up with light and sound
Website: www.philips.comIt looks nothing like an alarm clock, it's more a modern lamp. I think the shape has a bit of our kettle ... There's like 2 meters of cable, so you do not always have to place him near an outlet. This clock radio can also be used as a reading light. There are several functions on the device;
  • Adjustable brightness to 250 lux. The higher the intensity, the better most people wake up.
  • 4 Nature sounds and FM radio. The selected sound begins quietly, after 1 ½ minutes, the sound reaches the preset level. The four nature sounds that are standard are birds singing in the woods, cows, cuckoo and a relaxing yoga music.
  • The device has a USB input, so you can add new sounds (downloadable at www.philips.com) or you can listen to your own MP3 files.
  • It can be used as a reading light and has 20 different light intensities.
  • Zzz function. It also has a dusk simulation feature, in which light and sound gradually decreases, so you can fall away quietly in your sleep. You can set this from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

It is possible for two different alarm times. 30 minutes before you really need to be awaken, a very soft light starts to shine and this way you slowly but surely are starting to wake up. At the set time then there is the gentle sound/music. Setting the time and alarm function is very simple.Specifications
- Simulated sunrise: 0-30 minutes
- Light intensity dimmer: 0-250 Lux
- Adjustable simulation of sunrise: 20-40 minutes
- Brightness Settings: 20
- Snooze button for sound: 9 minutes
- Alarm test function available
- Two different alarm times set
- 4verschillende wake-up sounds
- Digital FM Radio
- USB connector
- Audio Files: MP3, WMA
Weight and dimensions:
- 25.2 high by 17 cm (diameter)
- Weight 1.45 kg

Waking up with this clock / lamp really become a lot less worse. I hate being woken up by a sudden loud noise next to me and this way I'm feeling more relaxed and at ease. I love now when I wake up slowly that before you even have to stand up you already getting awake but you know you don't have to stand up yet. You notice the light and then suddenly the music goes on. Sometimes I even stand up now before the music but I selected the birds in the woods sound and it always makes me smile now. It's just funny to wake up in your room with birds singing. I haven't downloaded any new sounds yet, so there might be some other great sounds.

I do believe it's important the way we stand up in the morning and it influence the way we feel during the way. I for example never felt awake until I had a cup of coffee and I do notice now a difference that I feel more active when I stand up. It's does really feel more natural to stand up this way. I never have used the Zzz function, because well I never had trouble fallen a sleep. The only problem I had first is that the Wake up light doesn't come cheap and costs around 60 to 80 pounds but now I can honestly say it's worth it.

• catsholiday published 30/08/2011
    We are okay in summer as we have no curtains and velux windows but this might be a great idea for winter!
  • Alyson29 published 30/08/2011
    I am absolutely useless in the mornings and tend to turn my clock off in my sleep! x
  • kama0529 published 30/08/2011
    This sounds too gentle to wake me up!!